FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: For Svt Onwers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You guys might want to check this out:

DSI Manifold Clip

I will be ordering one.
svt_rodg,Nov 22 2004, 07:15 AM Wrote:You guys might want to check this out:

DSI Manifold Clip

I will be ordering one.
[right][snapback]70975[/snapback][/right]

I haven't had one break... yet...
Mine broke.... at 38000km... apparently theyre known to break somewhere in the 30km range.
How can you tell when that breaks??
thanx guys...and if its as good as they said..Im in for one! :)
the Dsi wont open.... at either 5000 or 6000 depending on if you got the yfro flash. as well as the car will feel sluggish.
mine broke at 40,000, the dealer changed the whole manifold. apparently you can't buy just the clip, you have to buy the entire manifold. might be a good investment down the road if yours happens to break.
svt_rodg,Nov 22 2004, 11:05 AM Wrote:mine broke at 40,000, the dealer changed the whole manifold.  apparently you can't buy just the clip, you have to buy the entire manifold.  might be a good investment down the road if yours happens to break.
[right][snapback]71006[/snapback][/right]

I should get one... just in case.... I'm only at about 18,000 kms.
Oh great...something to look forward too <_<

3800 km and counting....
i'm at 27000km, and dn't seem to have a problem yet, but i have the 150,000km 7yrs warranty, so i don't have much to worry about in the mean time!
Here is the message I received from the seller:

[/QUOTE]Here it is - the information for receiving your metal DSI clip.

This is a standard message for everyone, which gives you all the information you will need for payment, shipping and installation. If you get this message by accident and do not want the metal DSI clip, send it back via PM.

PAYMENT:

I will only accept a Canadian money order / cashier’s cheque that you can get at your local bank. Essentially it’s money in Canadian dollars that I can cash when it gets here and use it for getting the part made and for shipping it to you.
It must be in Canadian dollars because the difference in the US dollar and the Canadian dollar changes a little each day due to the market variations between our two countries. It may cost a few bucks more or less than what I’ve calculated for at this point on your end, but if I have 40 or 50 of these variations, the cost difference to me might be as much as 100 dollars above or below what I was planning for.
Sorry for any inconvenience about this, but that’s what I need to complete this.

Shipping is a flat rate for ease of process and will come with a tracking number and should arrive about two weeks after I send it.
Depending on how long it takes to get everyone’s money orders, get the clips made, and then send them out, it might be a little while before you receive them. Hopefully, I’ll get all the money orders in about two weeks, plus two weeks to make the part, and then another two weeks to send them to you.
As you can see, it will be a while before everything will be completed. But the sooner everyone sends the money orders off, the sooner I can get started on getting them out to you. The Christmas season is upon us, which might throw things off a bit with the time it will take to complete this.

Price in a Canadian money order is: $71.00 each or $130 for two (combined single shipping). This covers the metal DSI replacement and a new “E” clip for the end of the shaft to hold it on.

Please make the money order payable to BILL LAW, and then send it to:

14831-64 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada
T6H-4Y1

SHIPPING:

When sending your Canadian money order, please include the following:

- The money order
- Your Focal Jet Screen name
- Your full name and shipping address typed onto a 3-inch by 5-inch piece of paper. This is your responsibility to make sure that this is your correct shipping address. This will be taped to the package, so please make sure it fits the 3-inch by 5-inch dimensions I’m asking for.
- Your e-mail address. When I send it off, I’ll send the tracking number to your e-mail address with an Internet link and/or phone number where you can get information on the package.

INSTALLATION:

Installation is quite easy and you can find most of it in my “DSI METAL CLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Anyone Game?” thread in SVT Headquarters. If you need any other questions answered about this, try to keep them in this place for everyone to see so that it makes it much easier for me to help. The only thing I haven’t covered in the thread so far is removal of the original part, which is explained below:

1. Take the intake off up to the mass air sensor and you’ll see the DSI control like in the photos below the throttle body.
2. Rotate the DSI controller counter-clockwise to loosen the plastic tab at the end of the cable and try to slide it off in the opposite direction. It should pop off and you can tuck this away for now. Those who have it broken right now, this is just a matter of getting the plastic nib that broke off out of the plastic cable tab.
3. Now you need a small flat-head screwdriver to pry the end clip holding the original DSI part on and replace with the new one. It’s a little tight in there but you’ll find the right angle. Just bend it enough so you can get a small pair of needle-nose pliers on the edge and then pull it off.
4. Now you need to pry the whole plastic DSI controller off. Do this by getting a small angled pair of needle-nose pliers behind the plastic DSI controller and pry from the firewall side. Pry it until it comes off and you will hear the spring release. Pull it the rest of the way off carefully, and then you can get the metal one ready. See how the spring sits in the old part and then place it in the new part in the same manner.
5. Catch the free end of the spring that’s located straight above the main shaft (see red circled part in the pictures I’ve posted in the original thread in Focal Jet), and then rotate counter-clockwise until the tension builds and then slides on the shaft part way. If it seems like the spring tension is weak compared to when you started with the old part, you have not rotated counter-clockwise far enough. It will take another 180 degrees counter-clockwise. The part will only fit 180 degrees at a time, as you will see.
6. Tap it gently on either side using the back of a small wrench. Get it so the new “E” clip included will fit in the grove at the end of the shaft to hold it from sliding off. Reattach the plastic tab from the end of the cable and you are good to go.
7. Replace the intake and make sure anything like the mass air sensor is plugged back in so everything operates normally.

TIPS:

Use some silicone grease before reattaching the plastic tab at the end of the cable. This will help keep the plastic and the new metal part from rubbing to much and prolong the life of the plastic.

DISCLAIMER:

If this part is in any way too difficult for you to replace, seek more experienced help. If you break anything while installing this part under any circumstances, the seller will not be held responsible. If persons or property are damaged or lost, due to the use of this item, the seller will not be held responsible. There is no said warranty with this item or proposed period to which it is expected to last. Individuals using this part and or this information do so at their own risk. The seller releases all responsibility to the buyer.[QUOTE]

For anybody who didn't receive a response