FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rim Storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a sad day. I got my snow tires on and removed my coveted rims.

I brought them home, gave em a good cleaning (cleanest they have probably been all year) and gonna leave them on my balcony.

Is that bad? It will be covered (in bags) and stacked one ontop of one another. But will the cold affect the rubber? Should I dismount the tires? Should I let some air out? Should they be stored indoors instead? help guys! I dun wanna wreck em for next season!!!
You might want to look through this thread: http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...topic=7481

It shouldnt be too bad to store them outside, since your car is outside all the time anyway..
Covering them does help. UV damages all tires be they winter or summer, on or off the car. As for temperature mine are kept in an un heated garage and no problems. Just raise them off the (concrete) balcony floor by whatever means and you are set. I use my stacked tires as a drink rest. ;)
As long as they are stacked atop each other, no problem. Did my summer and winters like that for years when I had a balcony.