FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Roush Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just picked up a copy of Speed and they did a little review on a Roush Focus with a 'stage 3 turbo', the styling looks a little over done but 230hp isn't bad for the 2.0 Zetec. I was just wondering if this is just a rebaged turbo from a different manufacturer (eg precision) or their very own unit. If so they have a great reputation behind them, it's always nice to have another turbo kit on the market.
I can't say too much but its not a "Roush" turbo but a "Roush turbo kit" engineered to work together with performance & durability in mind...
so your keeping secrets from the focus canada comunity eh! :angry:

You bastard :blink:
There was a silver Roush Focus from Michigan in our parking lot today (Ford of Canada). It had a different front end (not better looking, just different) with the red Roush symbol on the front fender. Car was really dirty and had ashes all over the carpet and shifter. Will try to find out who the Yank engineer owner is and see what it's really like.
The turbo kit is from F-max and you can get it from roush for the zetec B)
I saw the car being reviewed on motorweek on speedvision the other day. Car dosn't look too bad imo...better than a saleen at least. They only got a 0-60 time of 7.5 sec on that thing which is not what I would expect with 230hp <_< , that's svt territory. I read somewhere that Roush put the 0-60 spec at 6.5 sec for the stage 3 Roush Focus. They also test drove the F150 Roush and while I'm usually not a big truck fan this thing looked hot and had a nice roots type blower sitting on top of the engine, performance wise though it's still nowhere close to the departed svt lightning....bummer.
coolsvt,Nov 26 2004, 10:39 PM Wrote:The turbo kit is from F-max and you can get it from roush for the zetec B)
[right][snapback]71794[/snapback][/right]

Wonder how much they'll charge....Roush products aren't cheap.
silver02svtf,Nov 27 2004, 09:16 AM Wrote:I saw the car being reviewed on motorweek on speedvision the other day.  Car dosn't look too bad imo...better than a saleen at least.  They only got a 0-60 time of 7.5 sec on that thing which is not what I would expect with 230hp <_< , that's svt territory.  I read somewhere that Roush put the 0-60 spec at 6.5 sec for the stage 3 Roush Focus.  [right][snapback]71851[/snapback][/right]

I would think that # to be better

my car has 230 and it does 0-60 in under 6 :P

but I bet traction and an LSD would help that number :)

it's still nowhere close to the departed svt lightning....bummer.
[right][snapback]71851[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
who said the SVT Lightning was dead, bet you didn't read this little article I found on the SVTOA website.
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/...ning/page1.html

The Roush F150 does look awesome.