FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Leaking Oil!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I got a 2004 Focus ZX5 with the 2.0L Zetec. For mods i got a catback exhaust, AEM cold air and Unorthodox racing underdrive pulley. The car has 7800km on it and I noticed the other day that little drops of oil are starting to accumulate on my garage floor. At first I was like this can't be me, until i looked under the car. I felt around a little only to find some oil on the plastic guard that protects the pulleys (passenger side of the vehicle way down low beside the oil pan). I have no Idea what is causing this leak and why it is doing it. Has anyone had this problem before? Do you know how to fix it? Should I just let the dealership deal with it?

Thanks

Matt
Yikes, that's not something you want to see on your pretty much brand new car.. use some of that warranty and get the dealership to fix it. Unless you're mechanically inclined and would rather do it yourself.
You don't think it has anything to do with my Underdrive Pulley do you?
Burnin21,Nov 15 2004, 04:25 PM Wrote:You don't think it has anything to do with my Underdrive Pulley do you?
Lots of us have this part, Im sure if it was a problem concerning the UDP we would have heard an earfull!!
Hmmm, I wonder what it could be then. I'm just going to get the dealership to look at it, maybe its got to do with the oil filter or sumthin.
Did you have your oil changed recently?
2800km ago yes. I think it was about 2-3 weeks. I pretty much got it changed on 5000km exactly (well almost).
Burnin21,Nov 15 2004, 05:03 PM Wrote:2800km ago yes. I think it was about 2-3 weeks. I pretty much got it changed on 5000km exactly (well almost).
Did you check the filter and oil pan nut? I know those are things you would look at first, but maybe worth a second shot? :unsure:

We all know how great Ford techs are :rolleyes:

(Apologies to the ones on this board, :P )
Make sure you put ur stock pulley back b4 u head to the dealership.
It could be a power steering leak.....
I'm going to check the oil filter tonight, I already checked the nut I know thats secure. If I put my stock pulley back in, wouldn't the dealership already be able to tell? I had to cut back a plastic peice that was around the pulley so my belt would clear.
Take it to the dealership. You have warranty, a pulley ain't going to cause problems like that from what your describing, either will the exhaust and intake so make sure you tell them that also, chances are they will blame those also.
I'll keep that in mind. I don't think that my modifications would make a difference with an oil leak anyways because what does an intake/exhaust/udp have to do with oil. It's not like the udp sucks oil straight out of the motor to "lubricate" the belt lol :lol: . I hope my poor car didn't spring a leak cause I drive it hard too :huh:
Well I got it fixed, just happened to be a faulty oil filer. Just as I thought too. What a mess that little filter made too, took me 2 hours to clean it all up :angry: