FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dealer Licence Bezel Remove ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whenever I buy a car, the first thing I do when I get it home is remove the dealer advertizing bezel around the licence plate(s). He didn't pay me to carry his advertizement on my car, so why should he get it free...

I'm curious why most people don't do this. Do they think it is illegal to take off the dealer's bezel ?
Easy now most other people don't care !
Most people are focused on everyting else but the plate frame(unless it's parked).
In traffic if they can read it "they'er way too close!" :blink:

I went chrome metal frame smooth and rounded! :)
Blue tint cover/protector.
I always wondered that too. I wouldn't want it on my car. I don't have it on mine.
I was actually just going to post a question about this. I have a sticker from the dealer on my focus. Whats the best way to take it off?
Thats the first thing i removed from my car in the parking lot of the dealer right after I bought the car.

01-yellow-ZX3

paolo,Nov 10 2004, 07:11 AM Wrote:Thats the first thing i removed from my car in the parking lot of the dealer right after I bought the car.
Yup, same here. Actually I made them take it off before I took possesion. I wasn't gonna spend the 5 minutes to take it off myself, when I didn't want it there in the first place.
same here.. i hated the sales men too but its the only decent looking one for that price around..

first thing i did, sticker and front plate..

I took a hair dryer outside.. blew it on the sticker for a minute or two.. then just peeled it off.. if theres any stickyness left.. just take a cloth and a drop of gaz or alcool and just rub it off..
Wont the gas screw up the paint? my sticker was on for a long time so do you think that there will be dark spot where the sticker used to be?
i guess it depends on the colour..the black stuff would probably be the sticky stuff that caught some dirt.. you can just rub it off with your thumb, just easier with something.. never had any problem with using gaz.. i wouldn't poor it on but just a little drop on the cloth.. others may be able to inform you better if the gaz causes damage but have dropped gaz under the gaz door and never did anything..

wipe it off with a dry cloth after
But do you think it will be darker where the sticker used to be? (dark blue is the colour)
i doupt it with that colour.. i bought my car in 2002 (its a 2000) and its malibu blue and it left no trace of a sticker or colour fade around the sticker ... yours is pretty dark too so i don't think so.. just remove a little part of it and check it out.. would probably still be less apparent then a "Dodge Chrysler Of Hawaii" sticker hehe
Use some Goo Gone..not Gas! lol
I used gas to get rid of the sticky crap from my decals. Worked fine.
The sticker is gone! I tried some gas but that didnt work, so I went out out to cdn tire and bought some label and sticker remover. Worked great!
Flofocus,Nov 10 2004, 03:56 PM Wrote:I used gas to get rid of the sticky crap from my decals.  Worked fine.
all about getho hehehe

danny: the gas is just for the goo..
BerinG,Nov 10 2004, 04:07 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Nov 10 2004, 03:56 PM Wrote:I used gas to get rid of the sticky crap from my decals.  Worked fine.
all about getho hehehe

danny: the gas is just for the goo..
I'm all about ghetto. Have you not been in a ride in the Justy? :lol:
My license plate frame was off from the second i got home from the dealership. and ive always used gas to remove sticker residue.
I pulled off the dealer plate, decals and then all the paint.

If they want me to advertise for them they would have to pay me just like everyone else did. :lol:
I dont like having logos on my car that I didnt put on myself. I took the dealer vinyl logo off right away, but they didnt put a plate frame on.

I wouldnt use gasoline on your paint, it's really bad. It'll eat your clearcoat away, make sure you wash it off really well.
over at the ford dealership on markham/407 they actually sell the dealer plate surround!!
who would buy one!! If you loved the dealership and got such a "great" deal on the vehicle, wouldn't they just put on for you....

Pages: 1 2