FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Battery Size?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I wanna get a new battery for my car, but I am not sure what to look for, is it kinda like regular batteries? AA, AAA, C, D, 9volt etc? Does our car have a specific "size" battery I should be looking to get? Is there a range of batteries I could possibly get? Post up some info guys!

Oh, and a how to properly install one too. Like what the procedure is.

You're kidding right? Do you really think you start your car on Double As? or am I missing something here. O_O

I think Batteries are 12v and meassured in Cold Cranking Amps or something. I'm not precisely sure on which battery myself. But I know for sure it's not Double As.
Tony,

I just went through this. The problem with my car is that the battery cables are really short so I had to get a battery where the posts are closer to the firewall than the front of the car. Also the battery has to be short height wise so the cables can reach.

If your cables aren't too short then the best battery for the buck can be purchased at Costco. It's a Kirkland battery:

- 900 CCA
- 140 Reserve Capacity
- $89.99

The only problem I had with this one was the fact that it was too tall for my cables to reach the posts, but it did fit under the hood. I ended up going to crappy tire and getting one from them. Even the optima batteies wouldn't have worked for my car because of my stubby cables.

You can get a battery as big as 10.5" wide x 7" thick.
Aka,Nov 8 2004, 08:59 AM Wrote:You're kidding right? Do you really think you start your car on Double As? or am I missing something here. O_O

I think Batteries are 12v and meassured in Cold Cranking Amps or something. I'm not precisely sure on which battery myself. But I know for sure it's not Double As.
lol, dun worry man. It's ok. I know cars don't run off double a's....
There is a speciffic size for our cars... im not to sure what it is. Canadian tire has the motormaster 72 for our car.. i believe its also 89.99. You can get a larger battery. ie. redtop, yellowtop. but be prepared to extend the cables.
there is a way to fit Optimas in our cars...without extending the wires...but I had an issue with it...so Im going to se Anthony...he seems to know how to!
Please help me I have an optima red top sitting here. I wanna install her!!!
ok..Im about to do mine...when I do it,Ill let you know.!
keep in touch...or lets see if somebody has installed one!
Im going to see Anthony tomorrow..!(Focused)
:ph34r:
Ass,Nov 8 2004, 10:08 AM Wrote:lol, dun worry man. It's ok. I know cars don't run off double a's....
oh good. I was scared.