FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My V6 Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I've been talking to Thabrat and S2 on another forum and they told me to stop by.........Thought I'd post some pics of my car..........

<a href='http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/50/50305/mvc-018f.jpg'>[Image: mvc-018f.jpg]

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/v6focus/RallyV64.jpg'>[Image: RallyV64.jpg]

<a href='http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/50/50305/mvc-019f.jpg'>[Image: mvc-019f.jpg]</a>

Also I just started a new site........www.focussalvage.com........I have thousands of Used Focus parts in stock............Just bought 3 new cars that we are parting out too......feel free to PM me if you are looking for anything........
I saw a Duratec V6 Focus at Carlisle years ago and it just looked so right like it belonged there from the factory. I envy you. If Ford offered it at the time it is what I would have bought no question even if the premium was $1000's more.

Plain and simple is always best (vs FI).

01-yellow-ZX3

Cool man, looks good.

Where ya from?
Welcome to FocusCanada.
Cool car!! Which tranny do u have mated to that engine?
Gorgeous ride there man. Love the fit of that engine. Looks so at home. Welcome to FC.
you haven't gotten back to me about the rear calipers yet? :(

welcome to the site!
hello, I too emailed you about some HIDS u had listed ...lol no word yet but hey, welcome :)
Awesome ride ;)

I have also always thought it was a good idea.. where are you?
Hey Jeremy, welcome to FocusCanada.net! Glad you came over to check it out here.
I'm down in West Virgina........If any of you have dealt with Tony From Newedge, I'm right beside him..........The doner car was a 02 Cougar, used complete drivetrain, ECU, Harness, Speedo.........took us exactly 1 week(minus exhaust work)........
V6focus, can you post the email address that one would use to get a price quote?
nice work on the car!

is it me, or is there still room up top for a supercharger?
very nice focus, and welcome to the site.
What's the horsepower difference from the regular 2.5L from the Cougars and the SVT version from the SVT Contour? And does the SVT intake manifold make a big gain?

That's an awesome swap, good work.
stock to stock, i think the standard 2.5 is like 165 or 170hp at the flywheel.
the SVT is 198hp on the 98 and 200hp on the 99+ at the flywheel.
there are many of capabilities with that motor but just stock it sucks balls. ;)
ZX3TUNING,Nov 8 2004, 11:02 PM Wrote:stock to stock, i think the standard 2.5 is like 165 or 170hp at the flywheel.
the SVT is 198hp on the 98 and 200hp on the 99+ at the flywheel.
So swapping the 2.5L v6 non-SVT from the Cougar is going to be pretty close to the 2.0L SVT Zetec, maybe with a little more torque with the displacement being higher. But heavier motor.. still a cool swap though.

If you could fit a supercharger into the engine bay that v6 would be quite the monster.
i still say the best swap is now the 2.3L duratec.
the V6, while a very sweet swap, probably isn't the best swap for most to do.
Not that I'd ever do it but....how big, common, expensive are those old SHO Taurus motors and how easy would that be? What would their (HP/TQ) numbers be anyway? Maybe a different type of V-8 conversion??? I assume they are transverse mount?

EDIT: Thanks Google:

1999 Ford Taurus SHO Specs

STICKER PRICE $29,000
POWERTRAIN Transverse front-engine/front-wheel drive
ENGINE 3.4 liter DOHC V8
Horsepower: 235 hp @ 6100 RPM
Torque: 230 lb-ft @ 4800 RPM
Redline: 6800 RPM
Compression ratio 10:1
DRIVE TRAIN Four-speed automatic
WHEELS &amp; TIRES Rim width: 6.5 inches
Tires: P225/55ZRx16
BRAKES Front: 11.6&quot; ventilated discs
Rear: 10.1&quot; solid discs
ABS
DIMENSIONS &amp; CAPACITIES Curb weight 3440 lbs.
Wheelbase 108 in.
Length 198 in.
Fuel tank 16 gals.
Oil 6.5 qts with filter
FUEL EPA 16 city / 25 highway
91 Octane
PERFORMANCE From a Motor Tred review of a '97:
0-60 in 7.5 secs
1/4 mile in 15.7 seconds

So lets say you could do it how fast would a 2700lb (2600 stock plus 100lb penalty for bigger engine?) be if it had 235HP/230TQ? Other than being FWD thats bigger output than a WRX and 500lbs lighter?

EDIT(2): Thanks AutoTrader.ca! There is a SHO Taurus that &quot;needs work&quot;, entire driveable car for $1500. Thats hella cheap (I can't believe I used Hellas in a sentance without talking about lights) than a JRSC and every reputable turbo and any DIY ghetto parts alone. What am I missing in the big picture?
Well, not to announce a finished product ahead of time, but since the completion of the Duratec V6 swap, we purchased a salvage SHO and started on a true one of a kind V6 swap(I know my Duratec has been done a handfull of times before, NEVER an SHO).........I have a few pics from the begining, since the pics(actually over the weekend) we are almost to the point where the beast is going to live......once we get the finished product I'll post final pics.......until then, here is a few teasers.........

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/v6focus/IMG_0325.jpg'>[Image: IMG_0325.jpg]

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/v6focus/IMG_0324.jpg'>[Image: IMG_0324.jpg]</a>

Pages: 1 2