FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zx4 St Article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Geez, I could see two glaring faults--------------it's price, and the fact IT"S A SEDAN
meford4u,Nov 5 2004, 11:03 AM Wrote:Geez, I could see two glaring faults--------------it's price, and the fact IT"S A SEDAN
Yeah I really dont get why they're trying to sell the ST as a sedan only. The large majority of people that want a sporty Ford Focus are going to be buying a hatch. Maybe this is just a fill-in until we get a performance Focus hatch next year or the year after, whether it be "SVT" or "ST".

Personally I would never buy a Focus sedan when I could get more storage capacity and better looks (in my opinion) from a wagon. Or even a ZX5 if you need the 4 doors.. I never understood why there are so many model variations for this car. ZX3, ZX4, ZX5 AND Wagon?
guilty,Nov 5 2004, 05:18 PM Wrote:Yeah I really dont get why they're trying to sell the ST as a sedan only.
Because it's an American car built for what Americans want.

I'm actually surprised they didn't offer an automatic for the same reason. Not offering it leaves me to believe they didn't think the current automatic tranny could take a few more HP and is pretty much on the edge as built.

i like the sedan therefore i got one, i don't mind the hatch and wagon but the sedan was my choice, so when the ST came out i was quit pleased to see a new look in and out and some sport. I really like the new dash. It fit the bill. I always said i wanted to get a sedan if i was to get a focus so what else can i say
When I was looking at new cars, I looked at the ST but then realized it was Sedan only. To make a sporty model in a Sedan only..STOOPID.

At least make it look good like the Mazda 3 sedan if you're going to offer a sedan.

Bah, Ford sucks!

GO IMPORTS!
yep ... i was shocked when i found out as well that it only came in sedan form...

ford is fruity
its too expensive, and slower than the competition.. not really sure how ford is planning on selling any of them.