FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Best Times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering, what does a stock SVT do on the quarter? What is the best time someone here did (as most of the USA times are never as good as up here and not relevant) ?
my ST was tested by focus fanatic at 16.03 at 87.1mph (i can do better) but i'm sure the svt is a 15 something if i can find where i put the second issure where they tested the pzev vs. svt it says in there
DragTimes

go here they might have something
yes im sure you can do better too..but thast why i wanted times from people here.. caus times from the states are usually not as good as up here caus of elevation
I thought it was the other way around? Times in the states were better because of lower elevation.
tdot-zx3,Nov 4 2004, 02: Wrote:I thought it was the other way around? Times in the states were better because of lower elevation.
which ever way it is... the lower elevation has denser air... and we know what that means :D ... more hp, faster times

Oh, and I suck at drags... I ran 16.022 at 90mph I think... late evening in august (moist)
unless maybe its in vancouver with 90000000 feet elevation hehehe.. but i have yet to see anyone from the jet beat my stock time.. i think we are maybe 400feet above sea level ? not much more than that.. saw someone do 16s with a JRSC .. and he did not just miss a gear.. he could barely break into 15s..

and its usually colder up north.. less humidity (again, unless you'Re in BC)
15.3 at 93 mph full bone stock not gutted, then 14.5 at 98 with jrsc only.
stock 15.2@93mph
soon high 12 with GT30R and drag tires. B)
The stock one here at the track ran 17's LOL :lol:
Hmmmm 16.0 ... maybe i should take out the stereo next time <_<
i've gone to st.thomas once, and it was my first time out.. i got a 16.2@ i don't know how fast... it didn't register
14.9 with my svt motor....thats in a 2000 zx3 with a 5 spd trans.
french_connection,Nov 5 2004, 12:28 AM Wrote:15.3 at 93 mph full bone stock not gutted, then 14.5 at 98 with jrsc only.
hey, I noticed the day went to st thomas(when my clutch exploded :rolleyes: )you removed your drivers side headlight. Do you always remove your headlight?

I tried pulling my headlight for a couple runs the last time I went to the track, and I lost like 4 mph!!! my 60 ft times were identical and 1/4 mile times were still pretty close(about 1 tenth slower with the headlight out), but at the end, my mph dropped drastically....I guess because of aerodynamics...or maybe it didnt like the air turbulance. anyone else tried this?
maybe it depend on the air intake setup you have? I dunno, my car launch/rev better with the headlight removed like if the air was sucked from outside.

:unsure: dunno dude.
boost til'bust,Nov 6 2004, 04:3 Wrote:
french_connection,Nov 5 2004, 12:28 AM Wrote:15.3 at 93 mph full bone stock not gutted, then 14.5 at 98 with jrsc only.
hey, I noticed the day went to st thomas(when my clutch exploded :rolleyes: )you removed your drivers side headlight. Do you always remove your headlight?

I tried pulling my headlight for a couple runs the last time I went to the track, and I lost like 4 mph!!! my 60 ft times were identical and 1/4 mile times were still pretty close(about 1 tenth slower with the headlight out), but at the end, my mph dropped drastically....I guess because of aerodynamics...or maybe it didnt like the air turbulance. anyone else tried this?
there would be aero dynamic issues involved with this. But is the power gains enough to balance out the loss in curvature of the front end? I guess only repeated testing can show if it does or not. In a situation with a tail wind I could see it helping (aerodynamacy playing a lesser role in the front) But with a headwind, it could very well work against you...
Thanks!