FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Where Would You Go For A National Canadian Meet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you were to attend a focus national meet, where would you be most willing to go? Some would prefer BC, some would prefer the eastcoast. What's your pick?

Middle of the country so that everyone from the coasts would have equal driving distance.
S2,Oct 28 2004, 02:25 PM Wrote:Middle of the country so that everyone from the coasts would have equal driving distance.
geographically, the middle of Canada is Manitoba
Yeah that would be perfect, I am totally willing to take a drive to get there. I just think that if there is going to be this huge meet, that everyone can chip in a drive somewhere to get to it. I know Ontario has a huge focus population (big support on here) but having guys from Alberta or BC drive 30 hours is a big much.
S2,Oct 28 2004, 02:29 PM Wrote:Yeah that would be perfect, I am totally willing to take a drive to get there. I just think that if there is going to be this huge meet, that everyone can chip in a drive somewhere to get to it. I know Ontario has a huge focus population (big support on here) but having guys from Alberta or BC drive 30 hours is a big much.
very true.

I'd drive to manitoba....
I picked Ontario but would also do NB or NS as I could tie trips to those provinces into company business.

I was sort of planning a BC trip next summer but I'd be on a fairly set schedule and it would be pretty unlikely that it would fall on whatever date is set for any meet.
That was one of the reasons I picked going to Chicago, it's in the middle of both countries, and it is an easy drive for most of us, east and west. Yes, it's not in Canada, so what. I've been to Winipeg. It's a long drive. Not going to take a lowered Focus across Canada. Steve couldn't stand riding in the car from Miss. to downtown TO.
Statistically, the distance for everone would be the best we could get. But knowing us, we will never decide the time or place and this thing will never get off the ground.

meford4u,Oct 28 2004, 06:49 PM Wrote:That was one of the reasons I picked going to Chicago, it's in the middle of both countries, and it is an easy drive for most of us, east and west. Yes, it's not in Canada, so what. I've been to Winipeg. It's a long drive. Not going to take a lowered Focus across Canada. Steve couldn't stand riding in the car from Miss. to downtown TO.
Statistically, the distance for everone would be the best we could get. But knowing us, we will never decide the time or place and this thing will never get off the ground.
meford, your car makes me a nervous wreck... no offence of course.

I drove mine with the SHM suspension in winter to Thunder Bay.. I could imagine your car being on the bumpstops the whole time.... I only got a mildly tired neck.

If there's one in Chicago that's relatively convenient to get to, I'd be up for that...
Im all about Calgary.

I know there are alot of memebrs in eastern canada BUT! Ontario is so overrated. LOL Its all about cars and hot girls. No other province can compete with BC for that.
Yeah and Calgary has their own focus club so there will be TONS of cars out.
Look's Like ontario's off to an early lead :D
scoobasteve,Oct 28 2004, 08:59 PM Wrote:Look's Like ontario's off to an early lead :D
and i don't doubt evey single person who voted for ontario is fcrom ontario... :P :P :blink:
If Ontario is good enough for R&M classics of
Kent county near Chatham it's :rolleyes: good enough for me!

Majority rules as luck must have it we are here .
You are there and someone else is way over there.
Save fossile fuel for the good of man kind.
Well "Ontaio" just works out best.

ZX3mann :unsure: :D :lol:
Baffin Island ? "right"- becuse none of us lives there and we all could.. like go aay!
Penwraith,Oct 28 2004, 11:29 PM Wrote:Well "Ontaio" just works out best.
Heh, yeah "Ontaio" works best for the people from Ontario or Quebec, but for all the guys in BC that have a 30+ hour drive probably wouldnt agree. :P

Like I said a million times, you really cant choose a place that works for everyone.
With no support yet from the east coast or Manitoba , maybe a "western national" and "central national" and have 2 meets. :wacko:
"Chapters" B)
I voted B.C. I need an excuse to drive there.. I've never been out there so it would be cool.
bluetoy,Oct 29 2004, 10:53 AM Wrote:I voted B.C. I need an excuse to drive there.. I've never been out there so it would be cool.
The only problem with driving to BC is manitoba and saskatchewan.. that's a good 16 hours of nothing much...no curves, no hills, just speed traps.
Darkpuppet: Your the person to ask, what is the Trans-Can like these days from Sudbury to T-Bay? is it still single lane each direction or is it double yet? If still single are there more passing opportunities? I haven't driven to BC since 1986 and the entire Onatrio portion seemed to have me staring at the back of a Winnibego and no places to safely pass.
i've done the drive several times.... I highly recommend taking the US route thru Chicago then head toward Montana... some pretty sweet stuff along (or near) the way... badlands, mountians, mount rushmore... If you're going straight to vancouver then keep heading thru washington state. If you have the time, you must go north into alberta and do the drive thru BC - it's totally awesome the whole way... sick!

Anyone wanna take bets on how many posts we'll have before a decision is made? lol I am gonna bet 2 dollars that we hit 13 kagillion :P ... just playin, hope it comes together.

ps I didn't vote... I still think multiple locations is a good idea.
I bet ontario is gonna get 30 + votes. and 3 people will show up :ph34r:
Pages: 1 2 3