FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Focus (2005) High Rollover Risk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well seeing there is no real difference between old and new ones I guess I had better lower my CofG and get a drop for safety reasons! :lol:

I'm keeping this as ammo is case cops or insurance every hassle. :P
damn...
BAH!!! thats B. S. if my car had a high risk of roll over it would be shiny side down somewhere in a ditch or in the wall in turn 2 at mosport speedway (not the road course) trust me i've had it in "TILT" mode and in flight but nothing that felt like she was going over, anyways thats all i have to say about that
I wouldn't consider a the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that spends millions on safety certification and test to be BS but that's just me....
i will agree with the Too HIGH part
This is a good excuse to lower my car
There is nothing in the article about Focus roll-over...

Read:

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (news - web sites) said the rear passenger was at risk of serious head injury when the Focus was hit in the side in a 38.5 mph test. The Focus was tested without side air bags, which a Ford Motor Co. Web site lists as a $350 option on the vehicle.

NHTSA gave the Focus three out of five stars for driver's side protection and four out of five stars for rear passenger protection, the lowest ratings among cars tested. Those ratings didn't reflect the potential for head injury because NHTSA's side-impact ratings consider only chest injuries. A five-star rating means the likelihood of serious injury in a similar crash is 5 percent or less; three stars means the likelihood is 11 to 20 percent.
Id lower the Focus anyways...it just looks and feels so much better.
I have to agree with the spokeswoman from ford, it dose sound like they were using old methoids on new cars, not to mention they should have tested with & then without side airbags to show the difference.

That said maybe now Ford North America will have to bring out the european focus here because the safety system is state of the art in them not to mention cool & meeting all the euro-ncap safety standards & being a good performer in their tests.
Seriously though,

I have a 2000 zx3... its kinda low end model... nothing extra... why do they have to smash a perfectly nice car up... i know there testing the 2005 model... but couldnt they just do a trade up with me... and say mine is a 2005 :(

Damn cheap ford :D