FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Trunk Latch Problems?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sedan folks:

Any problems getting it to shut completely? With the same effort as always it now stops about 1/2" from fully shut unless I really slam it. I dont see anything visibly deformed and the wife insists she didn't back into anything (for whatever that is worth).

If the struts were worn already it would take less effort to close not more.

Could it be related to my already retarded power locks that in the past few months have decided to lock themselves with no input from me including once with the engine running and the car standing still.

I blast the lock with silicone spray I guess but other than that I'm at a loss.
No, cant say i'm having any problems, I dont have to give it any force for it to shut .
Try lubing up the pistons?

If not, are the bumpers adjusted to high? Give them a quarter turn to the right.
ANTHONYD,Oct 27 2004, 01:00 PM Wrote:If not, are the bumpers adjusted to high? Give them a quarter turn to the right.
Bump stops, never thought of that. I'll try it.
2001 ZTS,Oct 27 2004, 02:18 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Oct 27 2004, 01:00 PM Wrote:If not, are the bumpers adjusted to high? Give them a quarter turn to the right.
Bump stops, never thought of that. I'll try it.
I had that problem. A couple of turns and the problem was solved.
hey try the latch on the trunk itself i've seen them f' up because its the latch and actuator in one piece, one was messed you hit the release button once and it went off like ten times click click clck etc
Crazirich,Oct 27 2004, 10:59 AM Wrote:hey try the latch on the trunk itself i've seen them f' up because its the latch and actuator in one piece, one was messed you hit the release button once and it went off like ten times click click clck etc
That would be my guess, the rental cars I used to take care of had 'issues' with that. The linkage mechanism gets gummed up bad so make sure it's nice and clean and reoil it.