FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How Many Years Do You Expect To Own Your Focus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Minumum 15 years for me.

In 2015, a mere 11 years from now, I'll decide whether to keep, sell or give it to my kid.
not sure. At least 3-4 more years then I will get my IS300 :D or my Golf.
I also had an idea of juts keeping the Focus and getting a used Golf then have two cars lol
At least another 2-3 years. It depends on what Team SVT comes out with next.

01-yellow-ZX3

Around 1-2 I think...
looks like till 2007
forever
Until it quits on me. It had 44,000 on it when I bought it last september, and it's got over 86,000 on it now a year later. Some people say that I put an awful lot of mileage on the car, but who cares. If the engine quits, I'll get it rebuilt, and built up internally all at the same time. If the tranny quits or the clutch gives out, I'll replace it with aftermarket, as well as install a fidanza or equivalent flywheel at the same time. Since I'm not gonna be driving it for nearly half a year next year, that should cut down on the mileage by half or more. Then again, if places like Steeda keep making my wishlist get longer (the turbo kit is now a must have for this guy...lol!), then it might get used a lot more. have to wait and see. I can see myself keeping it for at least another 3-4 years.
I dont know, I change my mind all the time. :lol:

Im sure once the turbo project will be done, I will want to keep it for a while.

For now I can say for sure, another 3 years.
Mine only hit 100,000 clicks today, so i will have it for a long, long time to come!

Looks like everybody plans to keep their focus for a long time!!
well seeing how some guys have their focus well over 100,000 km and still running fairly strong, I put on about 20,000 km a year and I am just over 40,000 km after 2 years and 3 months. I expect at least 120,000 km out of this thing and thats what? 4 more years?

at the VERY LEAST I will drive this thing till the ford warranty runs out after 5 years. So even at that, I have just under 3 years to go.

I wonder what the car scene will be like in three years... What crazy s**t we will all be doing...
Until i can afford a Ford GT...so a while yet.
forever...or until I buy another one...honestly its been the best car i've owned....
I have had mine for 4 and a half years already. It still runs great albeit only 60000 km so far. I was going to sell it and buy something new until I saw resale value for a 2000 ZX3 was crap and everything that I wanted was over 40 grand.

So instead I spent a few grand on mods this summer. (All the bolt-ons except for headers, cams and chip)

Now my car is so much funner to drive (I should have done this long ago) that I will probably drive it for another 4 or 5 years.
Until it's paid for or develops the weird Ford cancerous rust and the body falls off. Likely the secod, I'm hoping by the time it's paid off I'll be able to afford a new primary car.
Easily, 5+ years.
I've got no plans to get rid of mine. I intend to keep it as a winter beater even when I upgrade (hopefully in about 3 - 4 years).
I figure as long as possible. We have two at home now and maybe the ZX3 is disposable but I think the SVT will be a keeper.
still paying for it....so another 3 years for me...at least... :ph34r:
As long as it likes ! I know the time 2007 rolls
around the new focus for sure.
Considering I got ripped right the fuq off, I'm keeping it until it cannot physically work anymore.
At 165000km on the clock and 35000km per year, I guess another 3yrs this will become my toy car. This car go through alot with me, I am not going to sell it and hope I won't total it.
Pages: 1 2