FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Reverse Lock Out...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pulled it off today... Very Happy. Didnt know it was that easy.

Tomorrow I will Shorten the shaft.

Just thought I would let everyone in on my Joy :D
LOL I also got rid of mine. Stupid reverse lock out lol
hmmm...
I am thinking about getting rid of it for a while now, but is afraid I will put into reverse when I pull from 5th to 4th.
Umm Im not sure how easy that would be to do but ya never know. Any thing can happen. I guess when Im in 5th its only when Im on the highway and the only time Im taking from 5th is when Im slowing done enough where I put it into 3rd. I dunno. Im used to driving cars that never had a lock out so its not a big deal for me.

While I was at it I also pulled out the shifter and cut it down. Looks much nicer now and to be honest I dont find a difference between an actual short shifter and just cutting the shifter down in a Focus LOL
I did the same, I took my lock out off and cut the shifter at the same time, I like how it looks. As for being scared of putting it in reverse I've never had the problem like Jay said I'm used to driving cars without it anyways.
So ZX3... When you cut your shifter did you retap it? Or just get a shift knob with set screws...

Ok Cut 2" Off the Shifter today... Still Too long... Cutting atleast 1.5 more off.
I had a MOMO shift knob on it already before I cut it. The MOMO one has the screws so it just screwed back on.
You cut too much and itll end up being a wrist flicker... haha...
Couple things here:

-There is no way you will go from 5th to reverse while driving..lol Try it..it won't work. You can hardly get it in reverse when not moving.

-Cutting down the shifter does reduce the throw..but it's still ghetto and a short shifter OWNZ a cut stock shifter any day.
ok, you all knew this was eventually coming...

WHY?

I do agree with removing it..I don't know why it's there in the first place, I'm sure it's there to make you realize you're putting it in reverse so you better make sure you look back to see if there's anything/anyone there...but still.

OK Thanks Jays for making sure everyone knew that a Short shifter is not a Short throw... And for the amount of cash i wanna spend on a shifter, Cutting it made more sence.

After driving today with it cut 2", I will leave it at this length, Looks alot better now.