FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Headlight Jumper Wire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
looking for part# YS4Z-13A006-CA, looking for 2 of them , one for each side. called dealership on yorkville and quoted me 90.00 and he didn't know how many come in a package, that's ridiculous. by the way my st170s came in.
Yeah when I got mine they were something like $15. The price jumped up like crazy once they realized what people were using them for, I guess.

I've heard of people using the connector on the back of the stock headlight.. cutting that out and running wires to jump to the VW connector. It should work, you'll just need to cut the back of some stock headlights apart and tape it all up good. And to make the project cheaper, you could look for some broken headlights from a junkyard, since all you need is the back of the housing.
thanks, but i'll probably buy those wires with the metal tooth on one end and slide it into the headlight plug
how did you wire up the city lights? i want those to be my drl, is there any way to wire them up this way?
if u need the H4 plugs (incorrectly referred to as jumper wires) then you already have them in your existing headlights. It just depends if u are willing to use them from your old headlights or buy an extra set to go back to stock.
svt_rodg,Oct 22 2004, 10:58 AM Wrote:looking for part# YS4Z-13A006-CA, looking for 2 of them , one for each side. called dealership on yorkville and quoted me 90.00 and he didn't know how many come in a package, that's ridiculous. by the way my st170s came in.
looks like 1 per pkg $ 89.03 each
svt_rodg,Oct 22 2004, 01:02 PM Wrote:thanks, but i'll probably buy those wires with the metal tooth on one end and slide it into the headlight plug
Umm.. yeah. That's how you connect the the wires to the VW harness itself, but you need to attach those wires to something.. That's where the H4 adapter comes in.

Like I said originally, if you dont want to spend the $80/each on those adapters, you can hack the connectors out of the back side of a pair of stock headlights, then connect the yellow VW wires to that. It could be a lot cheaper, especially if you can find a wrecked focus with damaged headlights (as long as the plug on the back is still good), I'm sure the wreckers price on a garbage headlight would be practically nothing.

You can either use this adapter idea, or cut off your stock wiring harness and splice directly into your headlight wires, but then you wont be able to switch back to stock if you need/want to.

As for DRLs, paolo would be the man to talk to.. and wiring up the signals and city lights should be the same idea as for the HID lights, you take the wiring from the grill (where the city light and signal light wires are seperated).