FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Renault Megane Sedan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took these after I was forced off the Interstate by 3 inches of water on the highway & it coming down in buckets, not to mention being under a tornado warning & a sever weather watch in Smith county as I was driving up the I-71 in Kentucky. The warning started round 7 pm central time on sunday evening as I was driving thru Nashville, didn't start coming down till I got back on the interstate after getting gas. Man after I got off the high way in smith county & managed to get a hotel room I spoted this mexican plated car in the parkinglot took these photos. Needless to say I was drenched after I took them LOL :lol:

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/frost__2001/100_0270.jpg'>[Image: 100_0270.jpg]<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/frost__2001/100_0272.jpg'>[Image: 100_0272.jpg]</a>

Anyways after watching tv that night &amp; I was realizing there was a high tornado warning for the area I was in, fun night I'll tell you :unsure: . :blink: next morning watching the american weather channel 2 tornados tuched down 1 mile from where I was staying at, lucky it was in an unpopulated area. :blink:
They have renaults in mexico? How bout Peugeots??? **thinking the Focus could do with a road trip to pick up a 206**
Raine,Oct 21 2004, 02:10 AM Wrote:They have renaults in mexico? How bout Peugeots??? **thinking the Focus could do with a road trip to pick up a 206**
You can get any car in the world you want so long as it is more than 15 years old. No import restrictions or anything. The best part is since they drive less in Europe than us and don't salt the roads, the car are usually in great shape.

Importing is easier than exporting to the states. It will take a while but I have all the tax/customs info but have to search.

K_OS's Mini is a 1960 or 70 something imported recently from Portugal, talk to him.

That was easy:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation/impxus_e.htm
Back end of that car looks like an plder 300M

Wasn't Renult manufactured here years ago?

I remember a Renult plant on Kennedy and Steels in Brampton many many years ago.

Or was it AMC???
ANTHONYD,Oct 21 2004, 01:55 PM Wrote:Back end of that car looks like an plder 300M

Wasn't Renult manufactured here years ago?

I remember a Renult plant on Kennedy and Steels in Brampton many many years ago.

Or was it AMC???
Both.

It was AMC then in the early 80's AMC &amp; Renault partnered and that sort of morphed into Eagle and then Mitsubishi sort of got involved to and then the Renault bit sort of faded away and now of course it is Chrysler which is Mercedes really.

Confused? Me too........
The more I thought about it.

That is exactly what I was sure happened.
that's cool about Eagle... my g/f loved that company. She drove a Vision, but always wanted a talon..
My Mini is a `72 brought in from Portugal in `96, my brother`s Mini is a `71 also from Portugal, recently we imported a `86 Mini from Germany and it needs to go trough the Clean Air Program to be registered, the rules are pretty simple the car can be brought in as long as it`s 15 years old but in Ontario we have the additional problem with the clean air program so if you want to be safe bring in a car that`s at least 20 years old.
that guy cannot park his car...looks like his bumper is lifted up on the curb.