FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 16" Steel Wheels For Svt ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like I should take off my 17" SVT wheels and substitute 16" wheels with snow tires. Who has the best combination price for 16" steel (cheap) wheels and snow tires in the Toronto to Waterloo area ?
Nobody makes 16" steel wheels for the Focus. The rarely make 16" steel wheels for any car for that matter!

Subaru does of course, they even went to the trouble of sending me a letter last fall telling me A) they exist and B ) they are 1/2 prices. But Subaru is part of the evil empire :rolleyes: so I must not talk about it.

In contrast the first year I had the car I enquired at Ford about steel wheels and I got a form letter talking about how changing wheels is unsafe and may void my warranty. I still have that letter.

There is a remote (very remote) chance that some sort of 16" Saab wheel exists, they did have teh same bolt pattern about 10 years ago.

Your best bet is stock 16" alloys from a scrap yard.

A nice set of Compomotives would be a fine choice too! :lol:
So you think Su***u has 4x108, 42mm offset cheap steel wheels ?
Kalos,Oct 19 2004, 01:35 AM Wrote:So you think Su***u has 4x108, 42mm offset cheap steel wheels ?
No Subaru definately does not. I was just illustrating the difference in the culture of the two companies, one works with you the other against you.

Again, stock 16" is your best bet.
I have a pair of 16inch steel rims, that's 2 rims, used for half of last winter when i wrecked one of my stockers. I will be selling them as I have a replacement stocker now. Let me know if your interested.
j3rt,Oct 19 2004, 01:44 AM Wrote:I have a pair of 16inch steel rims
Wow! Where from? If I eventually get a brake upgrade I'll need them myself. It has actually been one of the things holding me back.
I bought them at CrappyTire here in guelph. I don't think they were in stock, took half a day to get them in. They were matches to my stockers, which are the "multi-spoke". I've always been under the impression they were 16inchers. Maybe I've been mistaken all along.....
If these then they are 15"

<a href='http://www.tcbreakers.co.uk/acc/acc-012.jpg'>[Image: acc-012.jpg]</a>

The 2000 ZTS multi-spokes are also 15&quot; and were sold in later years as accessories.

The 2001+ ZTS was the start of stock 16&quot;. Now I think all Focus are 16&quot;.
nope, that's not them, those would be the &quot;5 spoke&quot;.
Found a pic of my &quot;multi-spoke&quot;.
<a href='http://www3.sympatico.ca/town.j/webspace/wagon/Passenger_side.jpg'>[Image: Passenger_side.jpg]</a>
j3rt,Oct 19 2004, 02:30 AM Wrote:nope, that's not them, those would be the &quot;5 spoke&quot;.
Found a pic of my &quot;multi-spoke&quot;.
Those are the ones I call the &quot;2000 ZTS multispokes&quot; they are 15&quot;. I think they are the best looking OEM Focus wheels. So if you found steel wheels to fit the same tires then the pair you have must be 15&quot; as well?
well ok, they are 15s, i really never was sure what the size was. Anyways, the steel rims are the same size. that's all.
i got some 16 inchers for sale :)
svt_rodg,Oct 19 2004, 02:07 PM Wrote:i got some 16 inchers for sale :)
Where are you located ? Mapquest can't find a &quot;Maple, Ontario&quot;.
Kalos,Oct 19 2004, 05:14 PM Wrote:
svt_rodg,Oct 19 2004, 02:07 PM Wrote:i got some 16 inchers for sale :)
Where are you located ? Mapquest can't find a &quot;Maple, Ontario&quot;.
Thats just up the way, Canada's Wonderland is in Maple.
c'mon everybody knows where maple is!
:D
I opted for cheap 16&quot; alloy rims as no steel rims could be found in Winnipeg to fit the SVT. And everyone says they don't make such a thing.
winnipegkevin,Oct 21 2004, 01:42 AM Wrote:I opted for cheap 16&quot; alloy rims as no steel rims could be found in Winnipeg to fit the SVT. And everyone says they don't make such a thing.
OMG, the old fart was right? ;)

Quote:....Nobody makes 16&quot; steel wheels for the Focus. The rarely make 16&quot; steel wheels for any car for that matter!..........Subaru does of course......
winnipegkevin,Oct 21 2004, 01:42 AM Wrote:I opted for cheap 16&quot; alloy rims as no steel rims could be found...to fit the SVT.&nbsp; And everyone says they don't make such a thing.
So who makes/sells the cheapest 16&quot; alloy rims to fit an SVT ?
i do :D
heard that the 16's from the Contour SVT fit the focus....
Pages: 1 2