FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: *updated* My Car Was More Broken Than I Realized.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I just got the call back from dixie ford, my car needs
Brakes - rear.... wtf <_< ford is definatley not doing those
New Dual Stage intake manifold
Rear Wheel Bearings
Clutch and throwout bearing assembly
and heres the kicker.... apparently I need an alternator, even though the problems i was experiencing are related to the YFRO ECU flash TSB

I guess its time to order some new pads.. any suggestions
:blink:

Thats a lot of work for a 03 SVT. no?
Yup... i still dont understand how brakes can go at 38000.

Dual Stage is common... after 30... the cable just gives.
Clutch is more of an annoyance. plus i want my free upgraded clutch, another TSB..

Alternator. I just kinda reported it, because the light flickers at low low rpms which is supposed to be fixed by the ECU reflash TSB... Fixes high idle, 3000rpm surging and opens the DSI at 5000 instead of 6.

Brakes were totally out of left field, i figured it was a wheel bearing hum, but apparently its the brakes rubbing. im gonan replace the pads, and if the sound is still there i'll have it replaced. I'm pretty sure they can say the supercharger didnt void that.
all warranty i hope! :(
I hope so too... i told em not to even touch the brakes. i'll deal with them personally. but as for the other stuff. since there are tsb's on everything they are replacing, it should be under warranty.
Updates.... well the fucktards at dixie ordered the wrong clutch!!!! AGAIN <_< and now the new part wont be in until the weekend. but the alternator has arrived as well as my dual stage cable. all work is being done under warranty. this is getting close to my deadline of Oct 25, to have the car off the road.
That's shitty Steve... at least it's all covered tho

As for pads, KVR?
where can i pick up the pads. yup its all under warranty... they just better get my clutch installed before oct 25. or i wont be a happy camper. I guess i should have mentioned that the original work order is about 50 days old now. started on sept 1.
How does warranty work if they know your doing the brakes your self.
scoobasteve,Oct 18 2004, 04:20 PM Wrote:where can i pick up the pads. yup its all under warranty... they just better get my clutch installed before oct 25. or i wont be a happy camper. I guess i should have mentioned that the original work order is about 50 days old now. started on sept 1.
i can get teh pads for you steve....if i don't have them at my store already i can get them for you in a day...

give me a shout if ya want...i'm there til 5 tomorrow [tues] and 9 [wed]
i dont think the car will be out of the dealership until friday. I want them to fix the clutch before they send the car back. so i'll check my brakes over the weekend and let you know.

All the work that the dealership is doing is under warranty. I told them not to touch the brakes. :ph34r:
Got the car back yesterday.... The car is back there today. Seems that they replaced my good alternator with a faulty alternator. on the bright side, i did get the ecu flash and my dsi is fixed
Is Dixie Ford better than Donway Ford??...I need to take my car to either one of those.....almost same problems as you do...but not the alternator nor the brakes...but a reflash, I think will be ok..plus the clunk noise at the front pass side.. :ph34r: :ph34r: