FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rattle In The Front End
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Got this anoying rattle in the front end when I hit light bumps. I believe its the control links in the front again that are causing my issue. Last time I had the monkeys at Canadian tire swap them out but seriously, the part is 40$ and the labour was like 120 a side. Is this seriously a hard part to test for fault and replace?
Stock suspension? If not check the shock bolts in the engine bay. Might be a touch loose.
How many kms since you did the end links? It could be them again, if they were crappy ones...

Ryan
Well its not really stock... stock struts on a 1" lowering spring.

Its been about 20,000km's since they were done last and I highly doubt the links were moog or any named brand. Probably some recycled crappytire junk.
Mine clunks like hell.
I'm having Matt come over in the next little while to replace the front end.
When I had a rattle in the front end over light bumps, it ended up taking the dealership 3 visits to figure it out that it was the drive axle. At first they thought calipers so I got new ones, then they replaced all the front end suspension, that wasn't it, then it ended up being the drive axle. Thankfully it was still under warranty.