FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear Breaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will a 15" rim fit on a rear of a svt. I'm interested in doing a swap from drum to disc but at the same time I would like to still use my stock rims. Is this possible? or do I have to go with a ZTS rear disc conversion.
Thanks
Yes and no I guess.

A 15" will likely clear the rear SVT disc (but not front SVT) however having non SVT front and SVT rear on your car will likely leave you with an umbalanced brake system.

Exactly how unbalanced I couldn't tell you, maybe it would have no real effect at all since rear brakes don't do much in the first place. You may even be able to play with the proportioning too?

Can't say I've ever heard it having been done.
Gavin, could you help me do a rear disc setup? I am interested in doing that too!
I will help as much as I can but it's going to cost us quite a bit of $$$$$. But I'm still undicided on with one I want SVT or ZTS. Will have to find out what kind of braking problems will get with the SVT convertion.
Unless you want the Bling look they really don't make any difference to the overall braking performance of the car. Get a decent set of front rotors and pads and you will never have to worry.

But if you want the bling then the ZTS would be the cheapest way to go.
Yeah, I am not doing this to increase the braking power of my 130 hp focus.... This is PURELY for the fact that I hate how rear drums look on my car. I would much rather get the more "finished" look of 4 wheel disc brakes...
I'm thinking about doing the same thing since I really hate drums, but yes it is alot of $$. I did see a kit out on the market (cant remember which one) and it sold for $800 US. A little much I think, so maybe you can go to a wrecking yard and find an SVT Foci and see if you can get the rear brakes off. Just a suggestion ;)
sweetg,Oct 14 2004, 07:44 PM Wrote:Will a 15" rim fit on a rear of a svt. I'm interested in doing a swap from drum to disc but at the same time I would like to still use my stock rims. Is this possible? or do I have to go with a ZTS rear disc conversion.
Thanks
i know the stock 16" will fit the rear but i don't think the 15" will i was measuring one day and my calculations said no
Well thank you to all that helped. Me and my buddy have decided to go witha ZTS rear disc conversion. The only problem is I dont have any part numbers for the parts I only have SVT #. So I f any one knows any #'s I would really appreciate you help. Thanks B)

And ASS tell me if your still interested and I will keep you posted on prices and part #'s
Totally gavin. Hook me up when you are done. I have ford A-plan too.. So if we need parts I can get a good hook up
If it would help with buying power I'd be "in" as well. I have a ZTS with auto but without traction control/advance-trac.
Has anyone ever put SVT brakes onto there "lesser" Focus brethren? I was looking into this aswell? I wanted to put the disc's on the back of the wagon for appearance reasons. I'm sure they would fit with the 17's on the car.

Thanks
~ Clutch

PS - Could we change the title of this topic to be Rear BRAKES?