FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Latest Focus Tsb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
meford4u,Oct 25 2004, 01:59 PM Wrote:kos--------you"got out while the gettin was good"? Firstly, you got out of a Focus and into a Hyundai Accent. That is a step-------no leap downward you FUCKTARD. So don't start chiming in about getting rid of a decent car, I said decent, not grand, not the best there is, but a decent car, and now you own an Accent. That is the cow dung of cars. Welcome to one step closer to the Salvage Yard. Your brother sure didn't do you any favours.
Hyundai Accent = the Bic lighter of cars
It appears from less biased sources :lol: that the general consensus from the "automotive press" is that they (Hyundai and other Korean makes) have come a long way from the garbage they used to put out and are now only about 5 years behind more respected import makes like Honda/Toyota. They will catch up very quick.

I like the Elantra and even the Tiburon.

Not sold here is the Centennial:

and I'm digging the H-1 truck:

<a href='http://www.autoplusz.hu/09/haszon/haszon010731.jpg'>[Image: haszon010731.jpg]

B)
meford4u,Oct 27 2004, 12:52 PM Wrote:Ok, first, like many other foreign car companies, they are very sneaky about recalls.  They don't do them.  They hope you bring your car in for a &quot;quick&quot; oil change, they tell you they need the car for the day--to do an oil change-  and then they fix what the recall is, without your knowledge.  I have seen it before, and I don't think this is the better way.  I would personally like to know what any problems are arising out of the car I am driving.  If I need to get the car in on a recall, I might think about getting it there a little sooner if it means I might be stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Secondly, do you really believe everything the salesman tells you when you buy a car from him?  I can tell you that there is no way in hell your going to get 10k for a 2 year old Accent.  In your dreams.  That car depreciates faster than a Catholic school girl on a Saturday night.  When you drive that car, do it with the windows open and a fistfull of cash in your hand, constantly letting the money fly out the window.  That's what you did buying a Hyundai.
They might be cheaper brakes, but let see the difference in how often you change your brakes.  Twice as much you say?  That's really not a savings then, is it.
And the mini----------the new one is definately a POS-------no comment on the old.
Actually I don`t take my car to Hyundai to get oil changes done I do them myself in my brother`s garage so they better warn me about a recall, sorry I was wrong in my original post there has been one recall issued on the 2002 Accent GSi in the west coast and that was for only 50 or so cars. Also it doesn`t hurt that one of the top mechanics at Dufferin Hyundai is a family friend :)

Yes I do believe the sales lady who I talked to she is very professional and my family has bought 3 cars from her in the past, and my friends have bought 2 SUV`s from her as well so yes I do thrust her, of course I know what she was thinking she would make it look it good on trade especially since I was looking at 30g`s worth of vehicle.

As for the brakes on the Accent I had to replace them at 50,000k`s, the Focus I replaced twice 1st time at around 30,000k`s and the 2nd at around 65,000k`s so if you want to look at it the Accent is saving me a bit of money already not much but some is better than none. Also for reference on how cheap they are with maintenance my brother had his Santa Fe`s brakes redone to a total of 590.00.

2001 ZTS you are correct Hyundai`s build quality is getting allot better so much so that in the recent Initial Build Quality ratings from JD Power Hyundai tied with Toyota for #1, unfortunately on the long term quality index`s they still lag because JD Power includes pre-2000 cars in there index.
K-os said
&quot;Ford SCREWED ME out of all that money even when I went to the dealership (DONWAY) they wouldn`t do s**t for me, I got into a heated argument once with the dealer manager over my Focus.&quot;

so basically ford screwed you because you had a bad experience at a dealership? you know there are thousands of dealers accross canada that can also do your warranty work right.

meford4u said
&quot;They might be cheaper brakes, but let see the difference in how often you change your brakes. Twice as much you say? That's really not a savings then, is it.&quot;

thats the worst arguement I have ever heard...the focus brakes wear out on average in 25,000kms....there is no way the hyundai brakes can be that bad, haha.

d dub said:
&quot;I would rather buy myself a squareback honda cause there is really no difference, the honda is cheaper and will outlast the Hyundi.&quot;

in what world is a honda cheap anymore? you compare the price of a hyundai to any honda of the same year, kms, and condition, and hands down the hyundai will be cheaper. You can get a 2000 hyundai for like $4,000!!!! you would be lucky to get a 92 civic with 400,000kms for that!
Pages: 1 2