FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Alignment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:angry:

My right back tire is out of alignment by 0.5 of a degree and thats the best they can get it.Is that good enough? Now, its leaning in a bit on the top,so would you say the camber is off? Would a kit fix that?

Also, I had to have my spindel,knuckle. changed and when they were putting the new one on they forgot to put a bushing back on. I cant explain exactly where at, but the bolt for the biggest arm when you look under the car. Does this matter?
I got the exact same thign with the 18"s and 2 inch drop. I dont see any wear probs or anything. Some time in the future I will get a kit..
So the kit will actually fix the problem? even though it leaning in on the top?

Getting into that accident has caused such a god damn headache for me!!!
the kit makes it so they can align the car more. gives them more play then they can get it aligned down to spec.. as it is stock they only have so much to work..
I bought the front and rear kit, and let me tell you, it can get a little pricey! But it does what the brat said, and in the long run with 18's, it will save you money on tires.

I went on a trip with the car plus when to the track. No obvious wear yet but Im still going to get the kit for the rear in the near future. They did get my front to spec but my rear is out a bit. Eaither way its cheper then having to buy 2 new rear tires lol Just ask FociS8nt lol :lol: he wore out some super expensive tires. Costed him almost $600 for 2 tires..
stupid tire place.. <_< they still owe me for that....ah well got new rubber i guess :rolleyes: yeah..i have had my back tires out of alignment slightly for like....4 months and haven't seen a wear mark anywhere ..well nothing noticeable so..u should be alright. Now that I htink of it though...meford4u where do u get those kits??and how big of a hole did it put in ur pocket??? :blink:
dannyq,Oct 12 2004, 11:21 PM Wrote:Getting into that accident has caused such a god damn headache for me!!!
Unrelated to the immediate problem but that is proof of what I and others here call the pop can theory.

I don't know what sort of accident you had but some here firmly believe that no matter what you do you just can't fix modern cars after an accident any bigger than a mild fender bender.

01-yellow-ZX3

I got my rear camber kit from Batinc, with some other stuff, can't remember the exact price total.

Definitely worth while though, I ate up a set of tires in the back, so theres no point replacing the tires and doing that again. I got a laser alignment, and my camber and toe is bang on, no tire wear at all now.
i tore through a pair of tires in 1 summer, picked up my camber kit from Steeda.ca. was a cinch to install.
Had a laser alignment at my local FastLane.
Well worth the 50-60 bucks.
i was looking at the rear camber kit from batinc also..
I have an extra Eibach Rear Camber Kit sitting around if anyone wants to take it off my hands