FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Awd Kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody seen an all wheel drive kit for a ZX3. Some guy is selling one on focaljet. I think it could be an ford escape driveline. Anybody have any ideas?

01-yellow-ZX3

Yep, repost.

Check FociPhil's post somewhere.

Quote:Anybody have any ideas?

Yep, buy a car thats already all wheel drive. Or buy a car thats worth converting to AWD.
yea, its like 5 or 6 grand US!!! thats insane...especially since after adding the all wheel drive, you are definately going to have to add turbo or a supercharger or your car will be the slowest piece of s**t in the world....so lets see another 6 grand US for a turbo setup...ok now youve spend about $18,000 in mods....plus the purchase price of the vehicle. Thats a damn expensive focus.
boost til'bust,Oct 12 2004, 10:5 Wrote:yea, its like 5 or 6 grand US!!! thats insane...especially since after adding the all wheel drive, you are definately going to have to add turbo or a supercharger or your car will be the slowest piece of s**t in the world....so lets see another 6 grand US for a turbo setup...ok now youve spend about $18,000 in mods....plus the purchase price of the vehicle. Thats a damn expensive focus.
AND IT STILL LOOKS STOCK!!! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

01-yellow-ZX3

Except for when you're doing 4-wheel burnouts. :huh:
01-yellow-ZX3,Oct 13 2004, 05:17 AM Wrote:Except for when you're doing 4-wheel burnouts. :huh:
maybe in the snow....the focus bearly turns two wheels never mind 4 wheels!!! :o
this is the awd kit that ford had on the esslinger project car at sema a few years back. along with the motor that is also for sale.
01-yellow-ZX3,Oct 13 2004, 05:17 AM Wrote:Except for when you're doing 4-wheel burnouts. :huh:
Thats a joke right?

01-yellow-ZX3

Well you're obviously not going to be doing burnouts with the stock Zetec.

But theres a sick video of a white Cosworth doing insane 4 wheel burnouts in the Focus, its nuts.
01-yellow-ZX3,Oct 27 2004, 03:04 AM Wrote:Well you're obviously not going to be doing burnouts with the stock Zetec.

But theres a sick video of a white Cosworth doing insane 4 wheel burnouts in the Focus, its nuts.
Do you have any idea how FAR AND AWAY your Focus is a away from a WRC competitor? It is so much that Ford (HQ-Europe) can't afford to even to be involved this year or maybe or just maybe. A Focus rally car retails INXS of a million dollars, pounds, yens, pesos, dollars, whatevr.......

A WRC Focus has even less in common with a pre 2004 Focus than a NASCAR Taurus does with whatever they proclaim today.

01-yellow-ZX3

Ummm...ya lost me man, what the hell are you talking about?

Since when did I ever talk about rally cars?

I'm talking about a video of a European Focus with all wheel drive.

ZX3TUNING says: it still looks stock
I say: until you're doing 4 wheel burnouts :huh: <- this meaning I'm being sarcastic.

Chill man, its just the internet. :blink:
01-yellow-ZX3,Oct 27 2004, 03:04 AM Wrote:But theres a sick video of a white Cosworth doing insane 4 wheel burnouts in the Focus, its nuts.
that white cosworth focus is actually RWD with a Sapphire Coswroth engine, tranny, custom driveshaft, rear end and tuned ECU.

basicly is the european version of V8 Conversion

01-yellow-ZX3

Must be a different clip we're talking about, the one I saw off FJ from like a year ago was an all wheel drive Euro Focus doing 4-wheel burnouts for like 4 minutes.
01-yellow-ZX3,Oct 27 2004, 04:06 AM Wrote:Ummm...ya lost me man, what the hell are you talking about?

Since when did I ever talk about rally cars?

I'm talking about a video of a European Focus with all wheel drive.

ZX3TUNING says: it still looks stock
I say: until you're doing 4 wheel burnouts :huh: <- this meaning I'm being sarcastic.

Chill man, its just the internet. :blink:
I'm talking about money, that is all.

Most European Focus' are already out of reach $wise in any trim, to be able to buy a European Focus with enough go to be able to do AWD burnouts we would all have Porsches' in our drives.

As for WRC teams I heard one shock on a rally car cost $60,000 each corner.

Get a Lada ! :lol:
Just be cheaper and less hassle to export a Cosworth from europe LOL

I also did see that white focus video with the rear wheel drive conversion. My opionion. Why owuld you want to convert your little Focus into AWD. None of us are doing rally LOL

RWD conversion does look fun thow.