FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Kvr Performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone purchased anything from KVR Performance located in Ottawa? They are a new Canadian National sponsor for SVTOA. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how good their service or products are, specifically their brake pads and rotors. I have not heard what the discount will be for SVTOA members but expect at least 15% or free shipping.
I have KVR but I can't remember if it is the pads, rotors or both?

I did a full on brake test on a decreasing radius blind downhill right hander (aka ramp form Gardiner to northbound DVP :lol: ) and was shocked how well it all worked. It was like dropping an anchor at 120kph. I don't remember how much it all cost but it was worth it that day. I also have braided steel lines.

No dust either.

The track monkeys here like Hawk pads. Brembo blank rotors are also popular.
we deal directly with KVR, and have been using KVR for a number of years at PI.....i had them on my focus, and had no complaints, very low on dust...and worked well all year round

they also carry brands like brembo, Hawk, goodridge
Darkpuppet has the full KVR Python Big brake kit. I think he's rather happy with it.

I guess Kevlar pads would be amazing, but I dunno how they are as far as chewing rotors is concerned. Personally, I'm running CVR Ceramic Pads and Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors... I stop fast enough :P
I had some KVR pads all around (stock rotors/calipers) on my MR2 a few years back. I'm not sure which ones they were, but it was more of a street pad (Carbon/Kevlar mix? don't remember now)

They had a lot more bite over whatever was there when I bought the car (possibly OEM Toyota) I was cautioned about getting 'race' or 'street/race' pads, since they are actually worse than stock before they are up to temperature.

Can't say too much more than that, besides hard street driving and autoX, they were never given a severe whooping.... but I never had a problem with them.
Raine,Oct 11 2004, 08:30 PM Wrote:Darkpuppet has the full KVR Python Big brake kit. I think he's rather happy with it.

I guess Kevlar pads would be amazing, but I dunno how they are as far as chewing rotors is concerned. Personally, I'm running CVR Ceramic Pads and Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors... I stop fast enough :P
hey Raine. How much did you pay for your setup? did you get upgraded calipers to?

as far as the KVR big brake upgrade kit goes its big $$$$$$
thabrat,Oct 11 2004, 11:36 PM Wrote:hey Raine. How much did you pay for your setup? did you get upgraded calipers to?

as far as the KVR big brake upgrade kit goes its big $$$$$$
Upgraded Calipers are hopefully coming in the spring when I get the new bumpers and everything... thinking 4 pistons would be nice :P Planning on doing the SS brake lines and the whole bit. Rotors cost me somewhere in the $100 range and pads another $70... but the guy was nice and gave me a good deal... I think I only paid $40 for the pads... and they're pretty good, as Gumby can assert (as he helped me install them :) ) The non-contact parts of the rotors are cadmium plated, but they still rust with time... meh...

And that KVR python kit is at the $2500 mark... can't remember if that's US or Canadian tho... I think CTS Motorsports carried it at that price...
I saw that price to. Im assuming that was US $.
I have the full KVR python kit with the 2 piece rotors.

The rotors are only 10.9", but the calipers are 4 piston... but are large enough to require a 3mm spacer to run the stock 16's. Don't even think about the big brake kit if you have 15's.

The brakes I find stop very well..a bit noisier with the cross drilled / CF pad combo.. lately I've been getting a bit of vibration during stops... so I'll have them inspected soon... and they had no ill-effect on the advance trac either.. .. but I really need better tires.
Thanks for all the feedback :) Sounds like they're worth taking a look at.