FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Aem Udp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any good?

AEM Is best in the world for alot of products, are these any diffrent?
Havent heard anything about the AEM one. Im sure its good but you can prolly get a FC 2 peice for way cheaper..

01-yellow-ZX3

I wasn't aware that AEM made a two piece udp kit with belt.

I thought they just offered the alternator pulley by itself still.
Also, AEM is far from the best in the world with ANY of their products.
You can get the 2 pc Kit with belt for 77 US plus shipping...

Why is it the when ever the chance to flame arrives Someone sticks their 2 cents in...

If AEM Is not one of the top aftermarket companies around... Why Buy thier gear? Why does everyone buy thier gear...

S2 Please stop flaming for no reason. If it is you thoughts on the subjuct, then Great Make your own thread about it.
AEM is good for intakes, but not the greatest for UDP. I'll recommend Unorthodox for their pullies or even Focus Central or Esslinger.

Vito :)
What makes a bad pully?

Diffrent size?
I just dont understand, Sorry for being new to this.
Chromey,Oct 13 2004, 01:04 AM Wrote:What makes a bad pully?

Diffrent size?
I just dont understand, Sorry for being new to this.
It's easy, in most cases whatever someone happens to spend their own money on is immediately the best. Watch:

"Sure those others are OK but I have an AFX one piece in my 2001 ZTS, it is the best in the world"

We are talking about a simple bolt on part not two different kinds turbos or "what's the best engine to swap in?". The difference between one or two piece UDP by any manufacturer will be trivial. If you like the colour, price, whatever just do it.

There isn't anything "two or three times as good" as something else out there, they are all good $/HP mods.
well you have to realize not all pulley sets underdrive the same pulley

aem makes only an alternator pulley which will NOT get you the same gains as say the FC, that is a crank pulley, or crank + water pump (they make 2 sets)
Chromey,Oct 12 2004, 05:54 PM Wrote:You can get the 2 pc Kit with belt for 77 US plus shipping...

Why is it the when ever the chance to flame arrives Someone sticks their 2 cents in...

If AEM Is not one of the top aftermarket companies around... Why Buy thier gear? Why does everyone buy thier gear...

S2 Please stop flaming for no reason. If it is you thoughts on the subjuct, then Great Make your own thread about it.

Read your first post, you said "AEM IS the best in the world" I am also betting that I got alot more knowledge about the focus then you do with all my experience modding them and spending my time on the various focus boards.

Also read what "ASS" just posted above.....
I have the AFx pulley on my car. Got it here used for 75$, with the belt. :)

Its been on the car for about 25 K, no problems so far. I had to make sure the plastic cover plate was cut, not to damage the new belt. Other than that, the install was really easy.

As soon as I started the car when the install was done, I could tell a difference. The car reved a little quicker, and there seemed to be some increase in throttle response. Never had a dyno, but I dont think it did much...1-4hp maybe, but you can tell theres a difference. :D

Andrew and ass are right though. They pretty much have all the same gains (+/-1... 2 hp), you just need to get the ones that will actually make a difference.

(Pic, courtesy of focushacks) The AFX replaces the #6 pulley

&lt;a href='http://www.myfordfocus.com/images/service_manual/zetec-withac-ad.gif'&gt;<a href='http://www.myfordfocus.com/images/service_manual/zetec-withac-ad.gif'>[Image: zetec-withac-ad.gif]</a>&lt;/a&gt;
The crank pully on average will give you a 4 HP gain. This is the same advertised gain on the majority of the UDPz out there. The AFX from what I hear, is the best or in the top two at least for pulleys that are being sold. The very advanced modders on various sites live by the AFX.
Just make sure it's a crank pulley. The water pump thing does dick all from what I hear. You gotta underdrive the right pulley, otherwise you won't be gaining much if anything.
Very true, all the HP increase is in the crank pulley. The water pulley does very very little (some sites post the two piece as a 5HP increase where the crank alone does a 4HP increase). Another reason why they did away with the three piece FC UDP sets. No point. The nice thing about the two piece (water and crank) is that you can retain the use of the stock belt. A One piece UDP comes with a new belt which might be harder to find if you ever needed a new one.
S2 Im a Big enough man to admit i was wrong... I bought the picture not the part if you follow what im saying...

I Canceled my order.

I still think all the flamings gotta ease up.

MY Wording in my first post was also incorrect, It should have been &quot;One of the Best&quot; I say this because no one ever bitches about AEM Gear, PLus Ive owned alot of thier products my self.

So Now that i have my Head straight Im looking for a FC Set.
Will I need a Crank puller?

Sorry about bad grammer and spelling, Im in a rush.
I honestly wasn't trying to flame AEM or however it came off. I just have done TONS of research into UDPz and posted my thoughts on this thread. No problem man, I honestly wasn't trying to start anything here.

You don't need a crank puller. The install is relatively easy. Check out the thread below that shows a HOW TO on installing the FC 2 piece UDP set.

http://www.focusworld.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1066
I'm glad we can all get along. now lets hold hands and sing kumbya...
Chromey,Oct 14 2004, 12:20 AM Wrote:S2 Im a Big enough man to admit i was wrong... I bought the picture not the part if you follow what im saying...

I Canceled my order.

I still think all the flamings gotta ease up.

MY Wording in my first post was also incorrect, It should have been &quot;One of the Best&quot; I say this because no one ever bitches about AEM Gear, PLus Ive owned alot of thier products my self.

So Now that i have my Head straight Im looking for a FC Set.
Will I need a Crank puller?

Sorry about bad grammer and spelling, Im in a rush.
Does't anyone else think this is the saddest FocusCanada post ever?

Chromy: To hell with whatever anyone else thinks buy whatever you think is best for you and your car, apologies are never required.

01-yellow-ZX3

Lol to the Koombya.

Johnny B style! haha
IM The new guy here, SO Id like to make friends rather then enimies, Besides Ill be asking alot of stupid questions in the days to come..
Pages: 1 2