FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gas Tank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone...just wondering I have the new 2005 ST and it says that there is a 53L tank on the car yet when I fill it, it only takes about 40L. After the gas light comes on how many clicks do I have till shes empty. My contour never had a gas light and my escape came on when there was bairly any gas left! So I really have no way to compare. Was the 53L tank a typo?? Or is there something wrong with my gas light coming on so early?

Thanks

Ryan
That is not a typo.

After the light come on, it will go at least another 50+km np.
Well s**t, im not getting the greatest in mileage. Should it get better with time. Thats not much better than my V6 Escape. Im only getting about 320 when the light comes on or so.

Neo
Ya thats not good then ...

Theres probably a good 6 or 7 L left when the light comes on.
Ask your dealer first, but it might take a few 1000 km's for the engine to break in.
Cool thanks for the infor

Neo
Be wary. In some of the earlier model Foci, there was a problem in the tank. I and a couple of others used to be able to cram only 36L into ours even from fuel light...
neo, my light comes on bout half way empty from 1/4 tank i have pushed the needle till i can see the empty line on the right of it and i wasn't MT yet, i may take the old 5 gallon can one day and run till she's out and see what i can do just for fun
I have at least 10L left in the tank when the light comes on. Good for around 100km/hwy.
CanadaSVT,Oct 5 2004, 12:40 AM Wrote:I have at least 10L left in the tank when the light comes on. Good for around 100km/hwy.
same here :)