FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got My Track Times Finally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Took the drive up to the track today and actually got my time slips..

3 runs.

1st run - 16.7
2nd 16.8
3rd - 16.4

again only mods is intake and udps...seriously guys today i found out alot of stuff about my car. I ran with everything on. 18s and etc. Jarrod even wupped a SVT.. all 3 times to...even when the svt ran the red and jarrod still caught up and ran a better time.. Going to post my slips after i take pics of them.. Then you can see all the reacation times and 60 ft times..

Im even more excited to have boost for next spring...
I ran a 16.3 in my automatic.

Neener neener... ha ha ha ... =P
I would like to add with that svt the guy seemed really nervous...but our first race he sucked on the launch but once he got into the rythm he did really good with his launches but i was able to keep up with him and even run faster time ...I dunno shorty header, intake, and catback......should he have pulled harder??
ya when that svt went I was confused... dan was that all before you did the mods or after. I finally realized today I think Jattod to, that bolts ons dont do anything for the car... it may help you get "point" what ever faster....
I'd be curious to know what a stock auto could do. When I went my reaction times were pretty sad. On my best run the reaction time was .747 , on one of my worst runs I had a .396 but then my car just didn't want to shift out of second....then it did and I failed to have O/D off... I could come up with excuses all night long... :P
Tyler had his auto zx3 up there to. im sure he will post his veiws..
bolt ons do make your car go quicker, that's for sure. just not as much as forced induction.

that's why NA and FI are in difference class.

for me, my car is a lot quicker than stock for sure and i'm NA.

FI is good but there maybe many problems that will occur from time to time. While NA is a lot easier/more stable and less problem compares to FI.

Both NA and FI are good, is just different ppl need different setup.
We just got home and I'm sure tyler will post his time in the morning. I did take some video of all there runs. The guys did great for there first time out.
Here are my slips. Im pretty pleased with myself. Was my first time ever going to the track and I was going only to be hitting low 17's or high 16's. Next time I plan on going up with steelies and gutting. Try and bring it down to 16.3 or even 16.2. I also want to play with the launching some more. Who knows turbo may be on then..

Last night and early today I was launching at 3g with the 18s in 215/35/18 Conti Extreme Contacts sports and it didnt feel right. I was hitting the high 16's. I tried then launching at 4500 and it was to much. My last run I launched at 4g and I got my best time 16.4 but my 60ft wasnt any better then the run before when I hit 16.8.

It was quite an experience. I got lots of practice and learing to do still.

<a href='http://www.focuscanada.net/2nd_run.jpg'>[Image: 2nd_run.jpg]

<a href='http://www.focuscanada.net/3rd_run.jpg'>[Image: 3rd_run.jpg]</a>
Oh ya. The last run/slip. I was supposed to go against tyler but the line got messed up. So when I got up front they asked what guy i wanted to race lol I pointed to the 12sec Chevy Nova lol I knew what i was in for but I dunno. I think racing this guy made me drive better lol

Tyler also got lined up with a pretty big beast car. Its pretty bad when the guys were pushing there cars to the starting line..
yeah i didn't to good.

1st run: Reaction 0.277 60ft 3.314 E.T. 19.072 @ 74.82MPH
2nd run: Reaction .249 60ft 3.12 E.T. 18.879 @ 73.854MPH
3rd run: Reaction .112 60ft 2.909 E.T. 18.859 @ 73.221MPH

improved on my reaction and 60ft times.
jay, all my reaction times are better than yours.

btw, i had an automatic.
lol i know. i gotta practice some more. Im a pretty slow person...i had to keep telling myself to drop it when that last yellow came on lol

im sure if on that last slip if I would have had better reaction i could of even shaved off that 16.4
lol ur slow man..I am the worst when it comes to starts. I get so bored waiting to go I check what song is going and I look around at people watching even check out the girls sometimes if i can squeeze taht in lol
Those lights come down fast to.. Liek the first run you start was so bad lol.. I think Chad has it on video..
Focusguy....

You gotta hold the brake down HARD .. and rev the car to like 3000.... Let go of the gas, then let go of the brake, and slam on the gas again really fast.

I could spin off the line if I wanted to... But after fooling around I used to be able to get it to chirp.

Hope that helps. Cheers.
good to see most interrested in drag racing. :D

lets see improvements now.

just for comparison infos:

my stock zx3 ran-----16.1
modded zx3-----------15.3
stock svt---------------15.3
modded svt------------14.5
Whats a good place to be launching at. I was all over trying to find out what was working best for me...
Hey Tyler, Donna if you can get that vid off the cam somehow please let me know, I would love a copy of it.... :D
FociS8nt,Sep 27 2004, 04:36 AM Wrote:I would like to add with that svt the guy seemed really nervous...but our first race he sucked on the launch but once he got into the rythm he did really good with his launches but i was able to keep up with him and even run faster time ...I dunno shorty header, intake, and catback......should he have pulled harder??
what times did he run, and what times did you run?
Pages: 1 2