FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: :( Removing The Sc Tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

As some of you might already know, I sold the supercharger to scoobasteeve, I will remove it tomorrow with mitch at the shop.

I feel very sad about not having any boost for a while until I come up with a new setup. I will realy miss this little EATON unit under the hood, I went for a drive today to pick up some stock parts from the wrecker and I felt weird knowing that tomorrow, it wont be there anymore... :(

Boost is so damn addictive.

-Marc

01-yellow-ZX3

Why are you selling it if its such a good thing?
because I wanna make my own turbo setup and have the intention of converting to RWD, a custom boost setup will suit way more a longitudinal setup than the jackson.

:)

-Marc
In the long run it will benefit both you and Steve. But for the next little while, it will be back to basics Marc.

Are you keeping the JR stickers on the car?

:lol:
2001 ZTS,Sep 26 2004, 12:27 AM Wrote:Are you keeping the JR stickers on the car?

:lol:
obviously not.... <_<

isnt it some chrome over there in the middle of the highway? why dont you go check it out..... :rolleyes: (joke)
french_connection,Sep 26 2004, 12:33 AM Wrote:isnt it some chrome over there in the middle of the highway?  why dont you go check it out.....  :rolleyes: (joke)
"B..b.b.b.b.b..b.b.b..b.b.b.b.b.baby you ain't seen nothing yet."

http://www.customchromeplating.ca/home.htm

Some may call what I have in mind sacralige but it is an irresitable force that I must answer.

Coming to a road near you Spring 2004.
Please post the details on your custom turbo build, I'd love to go the same route with my car....sounds cool B).
its removed, it took us all in all 6 hours to revert to stock.

the hardest part was to remove the supercharger from the manifold cuz the darn thing was glued to it by the High temp silicone we had used has a gasket... :lol:

and figure where all the stock vacuum lines pass was also a bit weird.... im not quite sure they are right the way I put them, so tonight im going to carey to look on his so I can make mine the same as stock.

the challenge....

Going to my ford dealer witout them knowing I ever had a SC on there... ;)

-Marc

btw: I already miss the nice push the boost was adding, now its a slug again... :lol:
Don't forget to change your signature Marc :P
sorry to hear about your slow problems but I can't wait till your faster again and I bet you can still take Jeffo ;)
yeah, I cant wait about the next setup, I was looking over things today for the engine space when rotated and talking with mitch about IRS rear end and T5 tranny. If the project go forward, that should be a real custom wonder. :D

its gonna be a long winter.
french_connection,Sep 27 2004, 12:35 AM Wrote:yeah, I cant wait about the next setup, I was looking over things today for the engine space when rotated and talking with mitch about IRS rear end and T5 tranny. If the project go forward, that should be a real custom wonder. :D

Wow.

I guess the lack of IRS is what has put most purists off longtitudinal layouts (like the many V-8 conversions out there). Sounds like you are definately breaking new ground.

Since your car is going to be stripped to bare metal for the tunnel instal are you going to consider getting all your seams welded?

Want a challenge and perhaps an easier and cheaper way out with more than equal "ground breaking/media hype/make cover of SCC"? What engine do you have in mind and can I suggest one?

Just like the SVT Contour (or was it the SHO Taurus????), Yamaha is working with Ford again. The are putting a V-8 (311HP/325ft-lb) in the Volvo XC SUV (XC-90?). That would be the 1st V-8 Volvo ever. Something tells me if commited enough the entire drivetrain could be made to fit your Focus? The Volvo will BTW run the V-8 transerse, Holy torque steer BatMan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it: 300+/300+ AWD* Focus................

It is up to you to decide if your pockets are deep enough. Your bench mark should be the STi which is about $50,000 after tax.

*It is not a real AWD but close enough for most.
french_connection,Sep 26 2004, 07:35 PM Wrote:yeah, I cant wait about the next setup, I was looking over things today for the engine space when rotated and talking with mitch about IRS rear end and T5 tranny. If the project go forward, that should be a real custom wonder. :D

Marc,

I have a customer of mine that has transformed the Zetec into RWD using the T5, and it works GREAT.

i hooked him up with someone about a year ago to do the swap [apparently they have the "kit" to do it....i put kit in " " because there is still a fair amount of fabrication to do no your own...but If you need any more information let me know and I will ask him if he would be willing to pass the information to you.
Thanks Anthony.

Actualy, I wanna stick with the svt engine, I heard there is adapter plate to mate the T5 with the zetec.

Andrew, I appreciate your inputs, but I realy like the zetec engine and I will go with this one.

I figure that with a maximum output of 300hp I can stick with stock mustang parts as far as tranny and rear end.

I will get togheter with the machinist/builder and discuss the steps that we will go through.

I want it to look and feel like if ford had made a RWD focus from factory.

I will most likely convert to RWD before I do the Turbo setup.

-Keep tuned for more details. :P
Converting to RWD and keeping the Zetec? Good on you, mate! I would contact A1 Rallysport, they are the masters. I'm sure the would be able to offer you tremendous insight. I'm sure the also have all of the adapters and the intake and exhaust manifolds for the conversion. I think your biggest issue is going to be the front crossmember. I have no idea if an FRP engine cradle with adapt to a zetec, but I'm sure the guys at A1 have one to do it.

have fun
Gumby, I have look on google for A1 Rallysport and I cannot find there web-site or contact infos... :(

you dont have there contact by any chances?

Anthony, if you can get me contact of the guy who had this done to his car I would appreciate, I have few questions still unanswered.

so far the plan is:

T5 tranny rebuilt --- 175$
rear end - ??? (mustang IRS? nissan? subaru?)
driveshaft - custom by friend connection ?$
fuel cell - max 200$
Tranny adaptor plate ??$ ~ 250?

all machine work and crafting done by this awsome machinist at discount rate most likely. (he do kick ass roll cage and I saw his work before, he is a perfectionist.)

Hoses, wires, bolts, metal, 2 rims and tires, most likely 2 strut and springs to calibrate the car. (might need brake kit for the rear)

I estimate at around 3500$ at MY price that I should be pretty much allright.

hopefully there's gonna be few "FREEBIE" [Monster garage voice] :lol: