FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help Need Info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guy well my focus died a few days ago , and I just got it to the dealers , and guess what the engine has ceased at 45,000 km . So at this point I ask the dealer what is going to be done about it , first he tells me that since my Exhaust has been modified that the repair will not go under warranty according to him . At this point I blow a gasket and told him stop with the bull s**t so your telling me that everyone that puts on an aftermarket exhaust from the header back with everything in the stock location o2 sensor egr value and bolted to the stock header there engine will fail. All this service manger kept saying is that these engines don't fail and that it must be due to neglect . I told him buddy I am 35 years old married with a kid on the way just bought a new house , but yeah I have time to beat the crap out of my focus with no mods on it except a freaking exhaust. I provide all my service records with all my oil changes done on regualr intervals , he wasnt to happy to see them thats for sure . Guys I just want to know what you guys would do is this matter or if some one could direct me to a good lawyer or a web site that explains some options for me or information on new car warrantys.

Thank you

Alex :angry:

They have to honour the warranty unless they can prove that the modification was the cause of the engine ceasing (which in this case is unlikely). And btw it's the law. I'm sure some guys on this forum have been through this before and can give you some good advise. What dealership did you go to?
Maybe go to a different dealer?

Go to a different dealer first. If that doesn't work, go to the top at Ford in Oakville and speak with someone in customer relations-warranty. If that doesn't work---stink bomb.

get this one!!!, i'll post it if i can find it ford actually offers a cat back for zx3/zx5, i got the poster a while ago, oh i'll find this, that dealer would have gotten it too!! so how does that make your car not covered by warranty? what dealer was it u went to
meford4u,Sep 25 2004, 03:10 AM Wrote:Go to a different dealer first. If that doesn't work, go to the top at Ford in Oakville and speak with someone in customer relations-warranty. If that doesn't work---stink bomb.
Key words there is "go to the top" as oppossed to dealing with the front line customer relations people who, based on my experiences:

-don't own cars
-don't like cars
-couldn't tell you what a car looks like

As much as you all like your computers you absolutely have to do everything "old school", type written letters preferably registered. Hope you are not in a rush.

Crazirich,Sep 25 2004, 03:48 AM Wrote:get this one!!!, i'll post it if i can find it ford actually offers a cat back for zx3/zx5, i got the poster a while ago, oh i'll find this, that dealer would have gotten it too!! so how does that make your car not covered by warranty? what dealer was it u went to
i seen the poster you are talking about...actaully i seen it at my dealer here in london...
From experience fight it and go straight to the top, it is the only option if you want your car back in a timely manner and want the issue to be resolved without losing all of your hair (due to pulling it out of course). Write lots of letters as necessary and never show weakness as if you outdo them in perseverence it will pay off in the end.

Good Luck