FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gretings From The South
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thought i would say hi to canadian foci owners. i have been racing an 02 svt for 2 years in the midatlantic area. also instruct for a few clubs including svtoa. if anyone is going to be near limerock last weekend of october, i will be running in a tt friday 10/29 and an enduro race the following day-10/30.
Hey welcome to the board. Is it Gary K or "Garrik" (like the guy from Star Trek DS9)
just gary k! i almost made it to the new track in ontario this year with svtoa, but it conflicted with a race weekend. anybody been there?
garyk,Sep 24 2004, 08:06 PM Wrote:just gary k!  i almost made it to the new track in ontario this year with svtoa, but it conflicted with a race weekend. anybody been there?
Nope, we are all armchair racers here and I'm including myself. :lol:

Those few that do get into track events usually end up on more sophisticted boards and only drop in here occaisionally (P-51 and a couple others). There is a few that will do organized drag events, autoX or lapping days every once in a while but that is about it.

This is more of a hang out than anything else. A good portion of the regulars are in the "I used to own a Focus" demographic.
actualy, Brooksy is often going to dunville to race, I think he had went like 3 times so far this summer...

I plan on giving it a try next summer, he's been trying to drag me into it all summer... ;)
one of these days i will return to canada to race-been to shannonville a few times before i moved an extra 300 miles away-and dont know what customs would be like these days, when cat stephens is turned away asa terrorist! frigging bushies and their bad attitudes. miss the old days when my band used to play in hamilton and toronto.
I was there but i didn't race on the track i just got paraded around by GapBoyPCS. Its a new track new pavement, when we were there was no shoulders etc still in progress, but a nice place, hard on brakes (what track isn't) pretty flat, no banking
new tracks are murder on tires-we ran an enduro at beaverun in june-between one full day testing/practicing and the enduro, we corded 4 kuhmo v700's that weekend. ouch!
garyk,Sep 24 2004, 02:06 PM Wrote:thought i would say hi to canadian foci owners. i have been racing an 02 svt for 2 years in the midatlantic area. also instruct for a few clubs including svtoa. if anyone is going to be near limerock last weekend of october, i will be running in a tt friday 10/29 and an enduro race the following day-10/30.
Gary! Nice to see you up here B) Welcome to Canada!

You missed a great time at our On Track. The Dunnville location is awesome. I had fun with my ZTS zippin' around for some parade laps and a stint with one run group. Jeff, Jonathan, Dell, and all the gang were there. I posted the pics here: 2004 Dunnville gallery

I wish I could have gone to the Summit Point On Track (Joe wanted us to visit). I know it conflicted with Woodward this year. You guys were lucky...you had the yellow Ford GT that showed up :P We had to make do with the Mystichrome Cobra that had no more brakes left, once the Track Dawgs were done.

I think I saw your car in some video clips...in the parade lap. NICE!

We're busy planning next year's On Track. You're more than welcome to come up here and participate. Or, maybe you'd like to come up and help instruct. We can always use the help!

PS> If you ever talk with Dell again, ask him about the T-Red Contour :ph34r:

2001 ZTS,Sep 24 2004, 03:16 PM Wrote:A good portion of the regulars are in the "I used to own a Focus" demographic.
You called?? :P

Gary, I'm trying to arrange my monthly trip to NYC around that weekend so I'm hoping I can make it since I'll miss G&W for a 2nd year.

This time I have a motor with almost no oil pressure and no time to fix it before the end of the year.
Euro Ford Fan,Sep 26 2004, 02:12 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Sep 24 2004, 03:16 PM Wrote:A good portion of the regulars are in the "I used to own a Focus" demographic.
You called?? :P
As a matter of fact I did have you in mind as one of the few "real" vs armchair enthusiasts. You definately are a legit and ((or should be) commited) enthusiast who is (now) more go than show. As for myself.........one day but rest assured it will be a top shelf effort.
committed-yes for sure-wife was glad (i think) that i was home this weekend-and no show for sure-the integra that t-boned me in may at pocono made sure the car was as ugly as the driver! am taking a few weekends off before attacking lime rock. it will be squirt's first race there, and that track is made for foci. can't wait. then a few weekends later the massive g and w event. so far 19 foci signed up to run at vir full to end the season. and thanks for the welcome to canada-always have had a soft spot for your country. you seem to have the sanity that is missing in our leaders. and gap boy, the gt was awesome-ed league drove the piss out of it-it also worked very well to "part the sea of cobras" in front of me. and simon-too bad you cant make g and w! and lastly-was invited to instruct at dunnville by svtoa-will try to make it next year.
no armchair here baby! Yeah, was just at dunnville on Friday. Put the Fuzions on and was able to shave aorund 3/4 sec running the same pace as last time on the conti's. then got her fired up to a full 2 seconds quicker! Was a great day and MANY hot cars... new GT3's, old porches, ferrari, 427 cobra, and the really hot ones were a 99 bone stock cavalier (my buddy lol) and a hyundai accent lol They had a blast tho, first time on-track. My buddy came out with me riding shotgun in the morning and he said he was sh**ting his pants lol yeeehaaaww!

Welcome aboard Gary! Hope to see you at the SVTOA on-track next year ;)
i get to s.... my pants too often as an instructor-ever ridden in a 5oo h.p lightning on a tight road course. it made me physically sick! then you get to ride in your own car and get blocked by cobras. as i told mustang drivers in our sunday morning talk recently........its not nice to piss off your instructor.