FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drivers Side Axle Removal Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got the main part of the axle out but the little cup thing on the end wont come out, tried a prybar and pulling w/ vicegrips but no luck the thing doesnt move at all, and not to mention lack of room due to the tranny there so you cant even bang it out...and ideas?
Just keep prying and get a new seal while your at it. The CV has a retaining clip inside the differential and it doesn't like to compress either. I used a prybar and hit the end if the prybar with a hammer to pop it out. Give it a try!

- Matt
but how did you hit the end of it? The tranny is on the left side in the way, no where to really give it a good whack?? or did u wedge the prybar between and hit upwards or?
edit: job is done, what a pain in my a$$
Yea it is a pain in the ass! I wedged my prybar flush against the tranny casing and hit the end horizontally towards the passenger side. The top part of my pry bar would have been verticle with the top part wedged between the tranny casing and the cv shaft.

PS. That was you in the Queenston Mcdiddys/Canadian Tire pit stop sunday night wasnt it? I wasn't sure if it was you thats why I never came over to say hello!
Burnin21,Apr 13 2009, 03:21 PM Wrote:Yea it is a pain in the ass! I wedged my prybar flush against the tranny casing and hit the end horizontally towards the passenger side. The top part of my pry bar would have been verticle with the top part wedged between the tranny casing and the cv shaft.

PS. That was you in the Queenston Mcdiddys/Canadian Tire pit stop sunday night wasnt it? I wasn't sure if it was you thats why I never came over to say hello!
[right][snapback]284861[/snapback][/right]

I agree, took awhile to get er' out but when it came flying it what a relief it was! :lol:

Yeah that was me, just got back from the beach (Sunday nights @ beach are picking up now) ...plus, who else around here has a white focus with blue racing stripes :D Im there alot, usually over with the big group though, no parking forced me to stop where I did but left shortly after you did...talked with another member on here down at the beach (has a blue SVT 4 door), you should come down next weekend if you can, its not too bad yet there. but guys are already starting to do burnouts and attract cops <_<