FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Alternator Rating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what the rating on the stock alternator is? Also is there an after market one that i can buy and where can i get it
Looks like 110Amp
is there an aftermarket one with a higher rating that i can buy, with the stereo and extra lights the head lights and neon lighting inside dims a lil.
Probably, where do u live?
I'm from hamilton, so anywhere in that area will work.
great, go see paul at Black Bros. auto electric on queenston on the east side of the traffic circle, i have a phone number but i'm not at work now, if you need better directions just let me know
I know where it is thanx for the heads up
Just put in a cap, it will solve all your problems :D
ya i was thinkin bout that too, I'll prolly go with a cap for now just cuz its cheaper and i'm a poor student :(
As well if you have an aftermarket UDP you might want to try putting the stock one back on.
A cap in my opinion won't do anything because it will just be added to the list of things the alternator will have to charge. This will make the alternator work harder, and therefore no help the problem.

What kinda system are you running? I probably have one of the most amp sucking systems on this board and I don't really have that much of a problem with my headlights dimming.
What happens with the cap is that it charges up while the system is not drawing a high amount of current, and then when the amp needs a higher current draw it will discharge the cap, before it pulls from the whole system.

(if you want more tech. details I will gladly go into detail)
I don't need anymore details, I'm in electrical engineering so i understand how the cap helps the system. Thanx for the info

BTW i don't have UDP pullies, as much as i may want them i know with a system its not a good thing