FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zx4 St Brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the 2005 ZX4 ST has disc barkes at all corners plus the fronts are 1" greater diameter than previous according to a brochure Ford sent me yesterday.

I'm sure it has been discussed on other boards. If I wanted to put those brakes on my 2001 front disc and rear drum Focus:

1. Are there any retrofit issues besides cost?
2. Are these 2005 brakes teh same as SVT?
3. I assume 16" becomes the minimum wheel size?
4. Considering any 'big brake kit' would cost $1,000's what are guesstimates as to how much it would cost to just walk into a Ford dealer I trust and just say "do it"?

Please limit discussion to items 1-4 as I am already aware I do not necessarily "need" big brakes to begin with.

Many thank yous in advance.
Intersting topic ...

Theres probably alot of good parts that could be swapped down to the earlier gen focus. Did the chassis remain the same? I would assume so right?
tdot-zx3,Sep 21 2004, 08:35 PM Wrote:Intersting topic ...

Theres probably alot of good parts that could be swapped down to the earlier gen focus. Did the chassis remain the same? I would assume so right?
I was hoping there would have been lots of discusion already on FocalJet and I could just get a summary? I can't believe no one has at least thought of it.

With money (Ford's money) always being the bottom line I'm guessing everything that is "good/better" on the ZX4 when compared to lesser 2005's and pre 2005's would be from the discontinued SVT and now that the entire platform is out of production in Europe, Ford Europe parts as well?

I just can't imagine any chasis changes being cost effective and imagine all brake and suspension bits are swapable?

a new steering knuckle would be used, and I would imagine the rear hub/rotor/caliper assembly would be from the advance-trac option. The caliper on the front is probably the same. If the strut for the front is the same p/n for the 05 and the 04, than it's probably possible.
muhahaha, let me see.....

not much listed for new focus stuff yet hmm
frt rotors are ??? 36.67 ea,(this can't be right) damn i better stock up
rr rotors 173.17 ea
frt calipers w/ bracket show 169.60 ea
rr calipers no bracket 307.90 ea

some rear stuff has older part numbers and my be the same
thats all i have time for right now
JUST DO IT!!!, that'll take ya to the cleaners
i just got that brochure today and now im so intersted. i also want to get the dash bezel from a st
thabrat,Sep 22 2004, 08:27 PM Wrote:i just got that brochure today and now im so intersted. i also want to get the dash bezel from a st
if so, we should all rent some new ST's and have a swap day at Dan's ;) :lol:
Flofocus,Sep 22 2004, 08:36 PM Wrote:
thabrat,Sep 22 2004, 08:27 PM Wrote:i just got that brochure today and now im so intersted. i also want to get the dash bezel from a st
if so, we should all rent some new ST's and have a swap day at Dan's ;) :lol:
not the worst idea ;)
2005 has a new "refreshed" dash in it boys

<a href='http://www.ford.ca/english/images/showroom/car/focus/int1.jpg'>[Image: int1.jpg]</a>