FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Speed Limitation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Actually I have a speed limit of 170 km/h (100 mile per hour) in my Focus.
Before the Ford recall I didn't have problems at all.
They have limited the speed changing firmware I think.
Maybe somebody had the same problem and can help me I will appreciate it?
A chip such as a diablo or sct would eliminate the speed limiter. That and a few other items such as shift points if you've got an automatic, removal of rev limiter, advance your timing to use 91+ octane.

01-yellow-ZX3

Every Focus is governed at 108 mph (cept the SVT's).

Only way around it is a chip.
i hit 180 and and then the car shut down but there is no need to be going that fast lol... racing is a no no but driving with enthusiasim is a different thing..
160 = 100 MPH...
Guys, honestly!

did you think that was the only solution?

Old Focus Guru Jay to the rescue.

Here's what I did with mine, I had to disable that speed governer because with the smaller radius slicks I had at the track, it would break 108mph on the speedo before the end of the 1/4 mile.

so, I found the Vehicle speed sensor on the tranny, it's between the firewall and the engine, sorta on the side where the tranny meets the block. it's got 3 wires. I'm "pretty sure" that you need to tap into the middle one and it's orange, I'll have to double check my service manual CD.

But what I did was just run a switch to this wire. Then you cut the wire the speedometer as well as the odometer kick out, if you drive with it for a while the odometer goes to zero...it comes back though. :angry:

But yeah, have a switch on that wire so that when you want to go above that speed you flip the switch, just know that the speedo will drop to zero when you do it.

You're welcome,

Jay

01-yellow-ZX3

Lol

Theres always the disconnect the speedo route, but who wants to drive without a speeo. Then ya can't brag how fast you were actually goin. :P
hmmm.... ithats sorta what my dad was telling me. you explained it much better..
Just disconnect it all together and be amazed how low your km/s are :)

Sell the switch and how to do it on ebay for $10US :) Speed Limiter-Eliminator, unlock the potential of your ford focus with this speed limiter-eliminator. Included are all the instructions for installation.

Damn, even include a "foglight" mod.... :lol: :lol:
Maybe I should copyright my idea before one of you punks goes and does that! ;)
Doesn't the speed sensor have other functions? (ABS, Advance Trac, automatic transmission)
I actually like that mode of speed limiter elimination... why have a totally practical way of disabling the speed limiter when there's no real practical use for the speed itself?

darkpuppet,Sep 21 2004, 08:59 AM Wrote:I actually like that mode of speed limiter elimination... why have a totally practical way of disabling the speed limiter when there's no real practical use for the speed itself?
Jay was hitting the limiter before the end of the 1/4 mile. This is would be ONE reason. ;)
Flofocus,Sep 21 2004, 02:37 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Sep 21 2004, 08:59 AM Wrote:I actually like that mode of speed limiter elimination... why have a totally practical way of disabling the speed limiter when there's no real practical use for the speed itself?
Jay was hitting the limiter before the end of the 1/4 mile. This is would be ONE reason. ;)
I know.. but that's why I like this idea... who needs to know what their speedo is reading throughout the 1/4 ?
darkpuppet,Sep 21 2004, 10:41 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Sep 21 2004, 02:37 PM Wrote:
I know.. but that's why I like this idea... who needs to know what their speedo is reading throughout the 1/4 ?
:lol:
I read your post totally wrong.