FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tranny Fluid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every year when it starts to get cold out my 2001 ZX3 S2 becomes very hard to shift. Sense this is my first manual transmission car I thought this was normal until I drove my friends 2002 ZX3 same engine and tranny as mine. His car shift’s much better than mine when it got cold out. I began to do a little research and the only difference I could find between the 2 cars (other than mileage 29000km on mine and 24000km on his) was that Ford started to use a different tranny fluid in 2002. Ford wants $35 per liter for this stuff, has anyone tried anything cheaper that works well in the cold. Thanks
I used to use that stuff....but I still had some tranny issues anyway...so I just started using merconV because it is cheap, I havnt had any issues with my tranny since I started using it.
i heard from a member from focaljet that he was using the GM Syncomesh, and supposedly it's one of the best stuff you can use! maybe you can try that out, i actually bought 3 bottles and it only cost me around $40 but i didn't put it in yet cause i didn't have time to go do the tranny oil change yet! but when i do i'll go and post my results!