FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: General Exclaim Uhp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What i liked about this tire was the fact it is one of the lightest tires around
(check http://www.tirerack.com and compare with other tires - lighter than yokos, toyos, fuzions, falkens etc.).

It's also well priced. Cdn tire and other major retailers will sell it for the mfg suggest retail price which is around $125 to $138 + tax (almost $150 per tire) but if u call around, many places will sell it for $500 (for set of 4) all in (taxes, mounting/install included).

[Image: generalexclaimuhp.jpg]
Don't see much in that picture. a little flash would probably help.
How they feel?
There were ok tires, I had a set on my SAP rims when i had my focus. I'm not sure if euroZX5 still has them on the rims now.
habmann,Apr 10 2009, 07:27 PM Wrote:There were ok tires, I had a set on my SAP rims when i had my focus. I'm not sure if euroZX5 still has them on the rims now.
[right][snapback]284753[/snapback][/right]

Got another set this year... and they've been mounted for a few weeks now. The snow wasn't as scary as I thought with them on... lol

[Image: IMG_2929.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2930.jpg]

Pretty sexy on the silver EAP's if you ask me... lol
euro_zx5,Apr 10 2009, 07:06 PM Wrote:
habmann,Apr 10 2009, 07:27 PM Wrote:There were ok tires, I had a set on my SAP rims when i had my focus. I'm not sure if euroZX5 still has them on the rims now.
[right][snapback]284753[/snapback][/right]

Got another set this year... and they've been mounted for a few weeks now. The snow wasn't as scary as I thought with them on... lol
[right][snapback]284754[/snapback][/right]

Ya i went through part of a winter on them when i had them. They weren't bad in the cold. Altho I would say that the Falken 912's i put on last weekend have more grip.
even though i've only had them for 2 days now and everything feels good but i think they may not be as comfortable as the stock pirelli p6's i had when they were brand new. There could be a few reasons:

1) my stock pirelli's were 16" as oppose to these being 15"
2) my wheel and tire weight combo is significantly lighter than stock combo
3) the roads are hella bad right now with all the pot holes and cracks
the drive is bumpy for everyone
4) all of the above.

But overall i really like them...they are high performance all seasons so there's not much to differentiate between all season tires....they are all good at everything but master of nothing.

cdn tire has a sale on now for these.. first tire at full pop, the 2nd at 1/2 off (this actually works out to be 25% off each tire when it gets punched into the register)

i picked up a set of 4 in the stock 16 size, looking forward to trying them out
StreetEdition,Apr 29 2009, 04:25 AM Wrote:cdn tire has a sale on now for these.. first tire at full pop, the 2nd at 1/2 off (this actually works out to be 25% off each tire when it gets punched into the register)

[right][snapback]286093[/snapback][/right]

How much?
True but you still paying 75% over cost ever when it's have price. Cnd would only be good to buy they're motor master tires from. Thats the only dealer you gettting there.
StreetEdition,Apr 29 2009, 05:25 AM Wrote:cdn tire has a sale on now for these.. first tire at full pop, the 2nd at 1/2 off (this actually works out to be 25% off each tire when it gets punched into the register)

[right][snapback]286093[/snapback][/right]

I dont have the receipt in front of me at this time... but i believe it worked out to be

$96 for the first tire and then $72 for the rest..... so thats 312 before taxes.
ok, so ive got these installed on my car...

so far, i think they're awesome! mind you, this is being compared to winter tires and previously the stock p6s (which i think sucked balls)

i find them to be very grippy, even in wet conditions

i think i have a wheel bearing issue, so i am going to refrain from commenting on road noise at this time
Replaced the stock P6 with these last year. Much better in all driving situations. Have snows for the winter months.

[Image: DSC04717-1.jpg]
I have had two sets of these tires and i love em . they are beefy , light , and last a good chuck of time too. in fact i think my first set i had to change them before the tread wore out because they got a little Old . Too bad they discontinued them and replaced them by a new model .

Yep! Discontinued for being too good and too cheap.

They were great in the rain IMO, very soft sidewalls(would've been nice if they were stiffer) and autocrossing for the most part is what made mine go bald but man do I ever miss them. The kumho solus I've been running since are just plain AWFUL in comparison (on my 17s, the UHP's were on my 16s).

They came on my focus, nearly new tires too. Previous owner done good when he bought them.
im running these ATM Tongue. Have to agree, wicked awesome tire.
holy old thread batman.