FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So I Think I Wanna Buy A Jrsc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

Where is everybody seeing these cheap JRSC's all the time?

I've heard of them going for $1500-$2000 used, but I always miss out.

I think I'm going to fall into the same trap as a couple people on this board, slowly build up a nice FI project for the spring.

Mine will be a mild one, but hopefully a daily drivable and tame one:

JRSC...possibly up the boost in the future with pulley.
2.5" flex pipe to match my Borla.
Throttle body.
Some kinda custom intake to go along with the blower.
And of course, a nice boost gauge to see my whole 4 lbs of massive boost. B)
Don't quote me but I am almost 100% sure I can get a JRSC brand new though a 'contact' for $2000CDN. I'll check back on that and get back to you.....

01-yellow-ZX3

Hmmm definitely sounds good. Plz get back to me on that one.
I'd put one on my auto just for fun if I could get it for a grand
Raine,Sep 17 2004, 04:26 AM Wrote:I'd put one on my auto just for fun if I could get it for a grand
and have your transmission melt into butter. I have looked into this WAY too much and spent a lot of time TRYING to convince myself that it would work but no. JRSC kill automatics. The ONLY difference I found on ALL the focus boards was the amount of time it took. I have heard of ATX's going to crap in less than 4 months. And yes some people get away with it for over a year. But the end result is the same. JRSC will kill your atx. Beef it up first with a lentech then go turbo. The amount you have to baby your atx with a jrsc you might as well not have even put the damn thing on. It's like having a million bucks and not being able to spend a penny.
My automatic slipped with 108whp/116tq...

ha ha ha ha ...

01-yellow-ZX3

Silly boys and their auto's... :P
LOL Well it doesn't really matter cause I couldn't get a JRSC for a grand :P
S2 Steeda,Sep 16 2004, 11:57 PM Wrote:Don't quote me but I am almost 100% sure I can get a JRSC brand new though a 'contact' for $2000CDN. I'll check back on that and get back to you.....
hhhmmmmm

can you get back to us on this?
Yeah checking, buddy works at the dealership and got a JRSC for some other car, not sure what it was but he checked into the pricing for me and said somewhere around $2000, actually think it was less to be honest. Talking to him again on Saturday.....
I've looked everywhere for a decent price on the JRSC for the focus, the absolute best I could get was $3600+tax+shipping.

I looked into a JRSC from the ford dealer and they wanted $6000. I almost choked on my free complementary coffee.

I think if you can get the JRSC for under $2000 then its for sure worth the money.

If it really is under 2g's i'll kick myself for going the Turbo route.....

Haven't been able to get to talk to my buddy for a bit here, been getting my basement built among other things. Should talk to him this weekend for sure. Been a hectic time here. I might be wrong but I am sure he said $2000....