FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Does Tranny Fit Under The 100k Drivetrain Warranty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just wondering as my car is reaching the 74k range and I've never had the tranny looked at. Keeping in mind that it was replaced about 30k ago.

If they do find anything wrong ***heaven forbid*** <_< would they replace this under warrenty? and does the tranny in my car have a warranty upto 100k on the car? or the part itself?

Just curious. :blink:
Where is the 100,000 km figure coming from? Some additional warranty you bought? I would think any replacement part would be 1 year parts and labour and that is it?
I would imagine it would I have a 5year/100,000km warenty and they gave that to me when I bought the car
Yeah powertrain includes your tranny.
D-Dub,Sep 14 2004, 02:00 PM Wrote:I would imagine it would I have a 5year/100,000km warenty and they gave that to me when I bought the car
Yeah guys.

That's what I'm talking about.

So does the warrantee apply to the km's on the PART... or the CAR???
every part is covered but you cant just walk in a say "hey I want a new tranny" cause they will tell you to suck it. Also dont try to break it either cause they can probobly tell and tell you to suck it again. ;)
ANTHONYD,Sep 14 2004, 09:09 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,Sep 14 2004, 02: Wrote:I would imagine it would I have a 5year/100,000km warenty and they gave that to me when I bought the car
Yeah guys.

That's what I'm talking about.

So does the warrantee apply to the km's on the PART... or the CAR???
5years or 100K wichever occurs first, powertrain only, they go by the reading on your odometer, the rest of your car 3yr/60k unless you have esp.

BTW - your pcm retains the correct milage if you think you can unhook your speedo cable, not that i have seen anyone get busted by it. Its just funny when they don't match