FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What The Hell!?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

Just recently i've installed my Unorthodox Racing Under Drive Pulley and every damn time I start the car it makes one really loud squeke and then it goes away.....I checked the belt, its not it because its not touching anything and its brand new!! Please let me know if you have any idea what this could because I have no idea!
Did you shave the plastic around the pully?
That I did..........come to think about it, my buddy was reading up that at the Start up, there is slight slippage in the belt causing this squeke. However I noticed its a very unoticable slip. I am using the recomended belt by Unorthodox right now, and its a 825K6........ I was wondering if they make an 820K6.....this might solve my problem.

01-yellow-ZX3

And you're sure the tensioner was reinstalled properly?
Welcome to the world of the unorthodox udp.

Mine does the same, and once it starts to rain then it gets even worse, as well if you kick in the ac sometimes it will squeak, squeel like crazy.

The only thing I found to work so far is belt dressing spray it on there and it helps it out a lot.
I'll check that tensioner again.......even though I'm 99.9% sure I did it right, and that belt stuff I will certainly buy......squeky belts, my pet peeve

01-yellow-ZX3

I had a squeaky belt with my AFX pulley, and it drove me nuts, and like he said once it gets colder or wet out, it squealed more. I had to ask myself what year of car I was driving, its not like it was a 20 year old beater.

I replaced the belt and things have been fine ever since.
So are you saying I should get another belt (same size) and get another Unorthodox Pulley from the manufacture?
my esslinger udp and belt have never squeaked on me....

putting belt dressing to many times on the belt will make it streach and make it squeal more.

i'd suggest turning the tensioner back(off) all the way, check how much slack there is.. there should be just enough slack to get over the alt pully. if you got to much slack, there is your problem, try a smaller belt.
Right now I'm looking for a smaller belt since the tensioner is fine......hopefully there is one out there :huh:
Mission Successful!! I found a belt that makes no squeke at all and fits perfectly. For any of you guys maybe considering this belt the # is K060820 and can be purschased at your closest NAPA....The guy at Canadian Tire told me they dont carry that size belt.
Good for you but like Tuning said the Esslinger is a perfect fit.
Ya I like it alot! My next mod **i think** will most likley be a Focus Central 65mm Throttle body or a Short shifter. I'm not 100% sure yet.
Paparoach,Sep 15 2004, 12:39 PM Wrote:Good for you but like Tuning said the Esslinger is a perfect fit.
yeah, but for the price of the unorthodox pulleys... the cost of a new belt is a minor inconvenience.
darkpuppet,Sep 16 2004, 10:20 AM Wrote:
Paparoach,Sep 15 2004, 12:39 PM Wrote:Good for you but like Tuning said the Esslinger is a perfect fit.
yeah, but for the price of the unorthodox pulleys... the cost of a new belt is a minor inconvenience.
Not when you get the Esslinger part at trade...muhahahaha
Ya me 2 I got mine from DILATED who sadly is no longer driving a Foci, instead its a Mazda 3 GT. He took me for a ride, sweet car.