FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Central Pullies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now I have a pending deal to buy the OLDER STYLE 3 peice focus central pully set up.

It is just one more pulley

OLD: (3)
-----

Crank
Water Pump
Alternator

The NEW one has NO alternator pully.

Any ideas which is better? Why did they stop making the three piece kit? Is it not as good? Harmful? Quick responses would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!! I have to close this deal asap.

~Tony
they stopped making the 3 piece baces to many people were dam up thier alts taking the pully off or putting the new one on.
they also found that after they switched to the 2 piece kit, the larger WP pully kept the power gains the same and even slightly better in most cases(although we are talking a .5hp difference).

plus the 2 piece kit allows you to reatin your stock belt
i have a black and a blue 2 piece kit in stock right now!
Right on the head of the nail Mitch, exactly. Also to add, the 'majority' of the gains from a UDP or UDP set come from the crank pulley, the water pulley doesn't do much. The three piece also uses the stock belt, not 100% sure but I was told that buy a mod on another forum. Either way, they don't make 3 piece pulley sets anymore anyway.
Man pulleys seem to be the mod of choice this fall eh? Who's helping me install mine?
Really good write up for the FC 2 piece UDP here.......

http://www.focusworld.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1066

BTW Raine, I did get those pulleys from that other guy on here. :D
Raine...it's a 15 minute job to do those suckers.
rallyfocus,Sep 12 2004, 12:40 AM Wrote:Raine...it's a 15 minute job to do those suckers.
LOL oh I know, looks easy as s**t. I'm looking for an excuse to have a g2g, that's all :P

Quote:BTW Raine, I did get those pulleys from that other guy on here

Nice! Here's to hoping they're the right colour :P
Why what color did you get Raine? I seen pics of the ones that I bought recently. Curious.....
The blue ones. I like. :D
So you got blue ones or red? Let me know.... I got the blue ones coming.
blue
Not sure why colour actually matters here?

Say is there an HP difference between blue, red or silver? :D

black ones make the most power.... :blink:
hey mitch, does the 3 peice use the same stock belt?
no it does not.