FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Audio Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
maybe this belongs in ice but thought that my chances of getting this answered would be better here......

I have the audiophile setup with factory sub now...What I would like to know is if there is a way to install a new head unit/cd player up front and not have to ditch the amp used for the sub....

I believe that the amp back there is in fact just to power the sub...but...oddly it appears that there is two power lines running to the amp...

anyway a wiring diagram ....how too...anything here would be helpful...

thanks in advance guys
If the amp for the sub is an internal one inside the stock deck, then the obvious answer would be no, you need another amp. I'm not familiar with the Audiophile setup so I am unable to help. Sorry about that!
I don't know if Ford is still doing this, but in the past their speaker system was a double negative ground, and you couldn't hook up any aftermarket parts to anything- speakers, deck, amp.
You had to gut the system to get the sound quality you are looking for.
Its just wires .. anythings possible...

If you found the wiring diagram for the audifile deck, im sure with the right amount of splicing (and you probably dont have to do much) you could do it.