FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Will This Fit Together?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know if I bolt on the Random Tech cat, after the JBA shorty header, if the trubenz 2.5" flex pipe will all fit together perfectly?

Looking at ordering this soon, so i am wondering if anyone has come across any headaches.

meford4u,Sep 9 2004, 02:10 PM Wrote:Anyone know if I bolt on the Random Tech cat, after the JBA shorty header, if the trubenz 2.5" flex pipe will all fit together perfectly?

Looking at ordering this soon, so i am wondering if anyone has come across any headaches.
When are you ordering?

I'm looking for a 2.5 flex also....maybe we can order together and save on shipping?

I was thinking of ordering it Sept 24th week-end....

let me know.
I've got a ford racing header, focus central cat and bosal 2.5 flex, they all seemed to fit together really nice. The parts you have below simply seem like the alternative parts for all that I have so they theoretically should all work together in the same way.

Isn't the Focus Central cat cheaper than the random tech cat?
the focus central cat is cheaper, and without getting into a long discussion as to why one is better than the other, I am buying the RT cat.

Oh and flo, I am in no rush as we are putting the parts together for the winter overhaul, so if you want to go together, I have prices and shipping from trubenz.
The SS is $155 and the aluminized steel is $110 US. They have told me it would be $30US for shipping so maybe they will do both for close to that.

Let me know

meford4u,Sep 10 2004, 12:44 AM Wrote:the focus central cat is cheaper, and without getting into a long discussion as to why one is better than the other, I am buying the RT cat.

Oh and flo, I am in no rush as we are putting the parts together for the winter overhaul, so if you want to go together, I have prices and shipping from trubenz.
The SS is $155 and the aluminized steel is $110 US. They have told me it would be $30US for shipping so maybe they will do both for close to that.

Let me know
I thought ZX3TUNING could get us some flex pipes :unsure:
I know what meford4u is basically saying, I am going with the RT cat eventually also.
Guys ORP ORP
Taken from ZX3Tuning's price sheet:

Quote:FLEXPIPE 2 1/2" DURATEC............................................................................180
FS Flex pipe................................................................................................170

Would the duratec 2.5 flex work on our cars?

Ask Mitch if is Stainless Steel. And what the shipping would be. I could be interested going that route too.

Oh and PAPA, we all don't live out in the middle of bumfuk where noise is not a factor to the neighbours. I still like my neighbours------------for now.

Oh and you don't have drive clean where the first thing they look for is a CAT!!!
Although, I do have friends in low places to cover that.
for the money there is little to no difference in the FC and RT cats. the difference in cost is a factor that RT spent alot of time getting their cat CARB approved for cali residents.
as Carb means Jackshit up here, it seems silly that you would spend more money on basicly the same thing...

i have contacted Trubendz about the 2.5" flexes
and if you guys want, i can work out a nice package deal with the trubendz flexes and FC cats.

the 2.5" Duratech flex will only work on a duratec engine, the duratec's exhaust starts off the back side of the engine near the firewall, not the front of the engine by the rad like on the Zetec and SPI cars.
oh and i highly recommend the SS stuff over the Aluminized steel!