FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Some Hdr Shots A Buddy Took (first Timer With Hdr)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was out last night with my buddy derek and he wanted to try out taking some HDR shots. Turned out pretty good for his first time and are kinda cool. I love HDR shots :). I also swapped out SAP spoiler for stock ST spoiler.

Enjoy :)

[Image: hdr-images-017_6_5.jpg]
[Image: hdr-images-028_9_7.jpg]
Car looks great, where/what/how did you that to your headlights??
Dimitri,Apr 8 2009, 04:37 PM Wrote:Car looks great, where/what/how did you that to your headlights??
[right][snapback]284624[/snapback][/right]

wow... the headlights didnt get bashed by someone haha. It is just lamin-x, use the same on the fogs but "JDM" yellow. headlights are jsut a gun smoke film (also, this doesnt barely dim the headlights at all, if you have HID's your will be even better of!)
the headlights need to have some bubble popped and one spot fixed on them, but you cant see that in pics haha

P.S. thanks
GFXjamie,Apr 8 2009, 04:54 PM Wrote:
Dimitri,Apr 8 2009, 04:37 PM Wrote:Car looks great, where/what/how did you that to your headlights??
[right][snapback]284624[/snapback][/right]

wow... the headlights didnt get bashed by someone haha. It is just lamin-x, use the same on the fogs but "JDM" yellow. headlights are jsut a gun smoke film (also, this doesnt barely dim the headlights at all, if you have HID's your will be even better of!)
the headlights need to have some bubble popped and one spot fixed on them, but you cant see that in pics haha

P.S. thanks
[right][snapback]284627[/snapback][/right]

Well...considering I did the same as you, but totally yellow. were in the same boat bro lol!
[Image: IMG_3433.jpg]
Wow that car looks sharp! I like the headlights a lot.
Dimitri,Apr 8 2009, 05:05 PM Wrote:Well...considering I did the same as  you, but totally yellow. were in the same boat bro lol!
[Image: IMG_3433.jpg]
[right][snapback]284629[/snapback][/right]

lol wiked, the yellow looks pretty cool on a black car.

BTW, the rims on my car are for sale, altho there is a sale pending just incase anyone likes them!

Also, I like the change from the SAP wing to the ST wing, that plus my new FS exhaust that is set in 2 inches so it doesnt stick out and be baller, gives it more of a sleeper look, that plus my wheels which you will see soon... im looking for a 14 second N/A 2.0D without even touching the internals.

More pics comming soon, just need to convert to HDR
Nice!! You'll have to come to hamilton sometime and we'll shoot the pair of red foci :)

-George
Scourge,Apr 8 2009, 10:32 PM Wrote:Nice!!  You'll have to come to hamilton sometime and we'll shoot the pair of red foci :)

-George
[right][snapback]284650[/snapback][/right]

Maybe this year once sobermonkey gets his car out, im sure hes cool for a little photoshoot somewhere?? Get a few guys out would be pretty cool, I know id be down... :P
HDR makes the colour go orangish... Kinda cool.

I like the new spoiler! :)
Nice shots! Car looks hot!!!
fatphocus,Apr 8 2009, 09:36 PM Wrote:
Scourge,Apr 8 2009, 10:32 PM Wrote:Nice!!  You'll have to come to hamilton sometime and we'll shoot the pair of red foci :)

-George
[right][snapback]284650[/snapback][/right]

Maybe this year once sobermonkey gets his car out, im sure hes cool for a little photoshoot somewhere?? Get a few guys out would be pretty cool, I know id be down... :P
[right][snapback]284651[/snapback][/right]
Ya for sure, id come down to the hammer for a meet and photoshoot type deal. we should set something up when the weather turns nice for good

reldridge,Apr 8 2009, 09:39 PM Wrote:HDR makes the colour go orangish... Kinda cool.

I like the new spoiler! :)
[right][snapback]284652[/snapback][/right]

With the HDR program, you can modify pretty well everything, since me and my bud are newbies, we were doing it while reading a tutorial so they didnt turn out as dope as they should once we know what were doing. But ya, it did turn out orange lol
cool pics man. Love the new spoiler!
I love the look of the replacement spoiler on the GFX. Nice work man.
Ok for the non photo people what is HDR? High Deff Resolution or something if i had to guess
ZX3_2NV,Apr 9 2009, 10:50 AM Wrote:Ok for the non photo people what is HDR? High Deff Resolution or something if i had to guess
[right][snapback]284670[/snapback][/right]

This sums it up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

Basically, take three pictures (one normal, one bright, one dark) and mix them to give some cool effects.

What software are you guys using?
cool thanks for the info it looks great
Its high dynamic range. The program we used is called Photomatix. You need 3 pics, all in different lights so derek camera takes em all in sequence within like 3 seconds changing appeture between shots. The first picture wasnt modified a lot, just adjusted luminosity and gama. I think they look pretty cool, but it takes some patience to do these right... which we are working on(patience that is)

Also, thanks for the comments guys! Ive been getting some good feedback from the new wing so far and im glad i did the swap(same thing with the guy from the states and his new SAP wing) Car should look wiked once i have my other wheels on the car. cant wait til next thursday
I want photos like that done :)
talk to Derek man, ask him before he starts charging people for photo shoots as hes getting pretty good with his SLR now.
I don't think it changes apertures with the shots, it changes the exposure. I know on my 40D, I just set it to bracketing, and then you tell the camera if how much you want to underexpose and overexpose, usually -3/4, 0, +3/4 or -1,0,+1. Then once you press the shutter it takes 3 pics one after the other. You have to be on a tripod and the supject needs to be still for it to work well. I know Photoshop does HDR if anyone wanted to try it. It's actually really simple and anyone can do it. It looks great when doing Urban Photography.
Pages: 1 2