FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rolling Fenders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I have my car lowered with H&R sport springs (Been on for over a year) and I have some 17" rims with a 215/45/17 tire with a 40 offset. Well when I hit any significant dip/bump in the road my rear tires rub against the fender, if the bump is big enough the front has hit too. Is this bad for the fender/tires? and how could I fix this without getting new tires/rims. I have been told by a few people to have the fenders rolled? I called a few body shops and other shops in K-W and nobody could do this. Anybody know where I can get this done, or if there are any other options? Thanks a lot.
on my car in the front it is not the fender that is rubbing my tires are actually touching the plastic wheel liner. In the rear I have rolled the fenders with the good ol' baseball bat method, and it helped, but didn't completly solve the problem.

There are some tutorials on rolling with a ball bat out there. Thats if you want to DIY.

What shocks are struts are you running?
I'm still running stocks for struts/shocks. Does anyone happen to know where to find some articles about rolling fenders DIY? when you say "baseball bat method" what do you mean? like does it do any damage to the fender when you do this or just bend it out?
Your problem is the rim offset, 40mm is not enough, you should have got 42mm -45mm (ideal) and up to 49mm. Doesn't really have to do with the drop (unless your seriously low) which with the H&R your not.
Problem shocks and struts get stiffer ones
Yeah but still, it's the offset that is pushing the tires OUT of the wheel well. You hit a hard enough bump with the stock suspension and that offset and you'll get rubbing.
i have a fender lip roller but i'm in BC so no help there.
you can roll your own fenders with a wooden baseball bat if you are in a real bind, you just gotta be careful doing it...