FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dpfe................again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Going into shop on Friday. Can't say for sure but probability is very high. This is #4 in as many years.

I have a CEL, no DTC error code showed on self test and car feels in general 'somewhat sluggish'.

My model year has an extra two year warranty on this part only however I'm SOL anytime one fails after the Fall of 2005.

maybe we can arrange a group buy, and you can get a case to stock up on...
darkpuppet,Sep 7 2004, 09:39 AM Wrote:maybe we can arrange a group buy, and you can get a case to stock up on...
:lol:

Mine is a 2000 and I havent had ONE replaced yet.

Weird heh? I thought this was part of the regular mainteneance schedule for 2000-01 Foci's. :P

I'm surprised Ford hasnt found the real problem....it seems like maybe something else is causing this part to fail :unsure:
Flofocus,Sep 7 2004, 01:48 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Sep 7 2004, 09:39 AM Wrote:maybe we can arrange a group buy, and you can get a case to stock up on...
:lol:

Mine is a 2000 and I havent had ONE replaced yet.

Weird heh? I thought this was part of the regular mainteneance schedule for 2000-01 Foci's. :P
After the oil filter the DPFE is the most often replaced part on my car.
Just had hers replaced....noticed I don't say mine :(
I'm on my third in as many years. :lol:
I'm on number 2 now for my car, it's under warentee but it still cost me over $200 to replace it. Concept Ford In Georgetown Didn't change over the warentee over into my name yet, & it's been over 10 months since I've had the car. :angry:

I was told to call Ford HQ to bitch about the transfer issue.
Frost__2001,Sep 8 2004, 01:57 AM Wrote:I'm on number 2 now for my car, it's under warentee but it still cost me over $200 to replace it. Concept Ford In Georgetown Didn't change over the warentee over into my name yet, & it's been over 10 months since I've had the car. :angry:

I was told to call Ford HQ to bitch about the transfer issue.
200$ to replace something that has like 1 plug and a couple vaccume lines?

:blink: :unsure:
How much is the part alone?

Andrew?
ANTHONYD,Sep 8 2004, 09:28 AM Wrote:How much is the part alone?

Andrew?
Last December, it was around $130 CDN.

That was somewhere around 140,000 km :)
GapBoyPCS,Sep 9 2004, 01:53 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 8 2004, 09:28 AM Wrote:How much is the part alone?

Andrew?
Last December, it was around $130 CDN.

That was somewhere around 140,000 km :)
I guess that's cheap. Is it a part I can replace myself???? It only took the tech guy about a minute to swap out my last one.
Update: the CEL went away on its own and dealer found no error codes. However they did (under special warranty program) replace DPFE anyway as there is FINALLY an upgraded part! Good news for all.

I don't go to Focal Jet, do they even know about this upgraded part?

Based on advice in the other thread I am also getting the 50,000 km tranny service done.

EDIT: tranny is fine, they did think there may be a problem. There is another emmision related component that does need replacing though.