FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Projector Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey
im in the market to buy new headlights... i see pairs on ebay for about $100, but they are so cheap compared to the hella made ones which are about $600 or so, what is the difference between, if i buy the cheaper ones will they break or will they be ok...please i need advice...

thanks
Several things are known to be wrong for the ebay specials:

1. The plastic housing is generally very weak on them. Catch a big stone on the highway and they will be bye bye.

2. They are generally quite susceptible to leaks. Last thing you need is water meeting up with your electrical system.

3. Tying in with the cheap plastic, if you use higher wattage than OEM bulbs, the housing is known to melt. This of course can result in anything from an expensive light replacement, upto and including even a fire

etc etc... think about it a little more, but I'd recommend investing in one of better guranteed brands
some ppl have gotten the ebay ones and have ran into no problems and even more ppl have ran into probs. I would do it right the first time and get the Hellas. Your gauranteed qaulity. Also then you can say you got Hellas when ppl ask. I would hate to say umm these are ebay lights lol
there are a pair for sale in the sell goods, are those the ebay knock offs? should i wait for better ones?
Another thing with the ebay ones is that the fitment can be pretty questionable. The Hella lights should fit like OEM, but you might end up with gaps with the cheap lights.

But on the plus side, you can get halo lights on ebay (which have 1 LED powering the halo ring which is known to burn out within a few weeks of installation). Basically you get what you pay for.
Save up for the real thing. I love my Hella's!! :D
Raine,Sep 7 2004, 12:09 AM Wrote:Several things are known to be wrong for the ebay specials:

1. The plastic housing is generally very weak on them. Catch a big stone on the highway and they will be bye bye.

2. They are generally quite susceptible to leaks. Last thing you need is water meeting up with your electrical system.

3. Tying in with the cheap plastic, if you use higher wattage than OEM bulbs, the housing is known to melt. This of course can result in anything from an expensive light replacement, upto and including even a fire

etc etc... think about it a little more, but I'd recommend investing in one of better guranteed brands
Couldn't have said it better myself.....
thanks a lot guys i dont know where i would be without everybody helping me
That is one of the good things about message boards, you can ask questions and get opinions, answers to your possible upcoming mods. Best research you can do is by asking someone that has them or has experience with them, etc.