FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Newbie Here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone,

First time posting here. Just picked up the 2005 Focus ST ZX4 yesterday and I am really impressed. My first car since I had a contour 4 years ago. I have been driving a 2002 Escape for the past 3 years...thought It was time for a change.

Ill have to come on here a lot to get some tips on what I can do to this thing.

Thanks

NeoOiler
Welcome to FocusCanada and congrats on your new car purchase. Once you get some pictures of your car, feel free to post em here!

I will do that. Its Red, fully loaded.
the ST's must be selling really good Ive seen so many on the roads.
welcome. can't wait to see some pics

hows is the ST to drive?
Welcome!!!! ;)
NeoOiler,Sep 3 2004, 04:20 PM Wrote:I will do that. Its Red, fully loaded.
Side airbags and the Sony fully loaded? Leather? What plans do you have for it?
D-Dub,Sep 3 2004, 04:41 PM Wrote:the ST's must be selling really good Ive seen so many on the roads.
Where do u live???? I have seen a bunch of ZX4 SE & SES models but i have only seen one in Toronto and it had a dealer plate on it!
Hi Everyone, thanks for all the hellos. I live in Edmonton, and so far I have only seen my ST out and about. And one dealer driven one. I test drove the automatic SES and it felt kind of gutless. Hence the manual ST. I didnt get the side air bags or the sony sound system. The one sound system down..6 disc changer (blaupunkt) and MP3 and stuff. All leather..pretty nice design. suede down the middle with leather sides..looks nice. Leather shifter with red thread to match the steering wheel.

Neo
As far as my plans for it, I have no idea. This is my first car that I think I can really do anything with. I have had a 96 contour as well as a 2002 Escape. What can be done on these babies, im new to this. My boss is really into cas and he has done up his Matrix a bit and he said with this I should be able to do a lot if I really wanted to and could afford it.

Thanks again..
Neo
well there is a lot you can do with a Focus, most of mine was done from factory by ford in 2001. I'm sure everyone on this site can show off there car to show you what you can do with yours. I for one say welcome to the site & It's great to hear from another person From the Edmonton area ;) ( i miss that city )

here's a pic of my car, I plan on adding almost all stock euro parts to my baby. it's just to give you an idea of what you can do to your car, if you want too.

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/frost__2001/Driversside.jpg'>[Image: Driversside.jpg]</a>
Very nice. Ill have to get a pic of mine and post it on here. My dig cam is on the fritz. 1000 bucks down the drain.

Neo
do u have the 2.3L PZEV engine? if so, any plans to mod it yet?
Welcome. You'll find lots of sedans here all being taken different directions.

Mine is the answer to the question that nobody asked or maybe should never ask:

&quot;What if Lincoln or Jaguar built a Focus in the same way that Acura took a Civic and created the EL?&quot;

You probably won't find much to mod your car with this early besides it is often a good idea to wait and not be the guinea pig. You appear to jump from one Ford to another every 3 years which sounds like leasing? If you are indeed leasing the ST4 that can be a concern if you plan to do change it &quot;lots&quot;.

One thing you must get and soon is....................SNOW TIRES.

It is possible to manage on the tires you have but it is so dramatically better on proper tires of the proper size.

paolo,Sep 7 2004, 11:27 AM Wrote:do u have the 2.3L PZEV engine? if so, any plans to mod it yet?
YES I DO!!!!, If i only had the money. I am lowering the car first (monster truckish height) and then engine. Damn emissions will prolly keep me from getting a header. But the usual stuff, throttle body cold air, pulleys etc, just keep dumpin the dough when it flows
2001 ZTS,Sep 7 2004, 01:42 PM Wrote:Welcome. You'll find lots of sedans here all being taken different directions.

Mine is the answer to the question that nobody asked or maybe should never ask:

&quot;What if Lincoln or Jaguar built a Focus in the same way that Acura took a Civic and created the EL?&quot;

You probably won't find much to mod your car with this early besides it is often a good idea to wait and not be the guinea pig. You appear to jump from one Ford to another every 3 years which sounds like leasing? If you are indeed leasing the ST4 that can be a concern if you plan to do change it &quot;lots&quot;.

One thing you must get and soon is....................SNOW TIRES.

It is possible to manage on the tires you have but it is so dramatically better on proper tires of the proper size.
Actually, he's got the Pirelli P6 All Seasons on...right now, they haven't been generating so much flack as the Firestone Firehawk GTA02s did. But still, you'd better get some decent winter tires for Alberta driving.

Nice to see sedan power! B)

snow skins for sure!!!, I will be investing in some
Ill keep that in mind.

Thanks