FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is There A Udp Install Guide Anywhere?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bought a 2 piece UDP kit today, have no clue how to install it. Anyone know of a good tutorial? Or better yet, anyone wanna help? Should be getting it in a week or so. Heard it can be quite easy if done right. Any advice woudl be appreciated :) Thanks
http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/focussport-udp.htm

This is for the single piece but may help you out a bit. There is a small guide that you may need to grind off when you install the new crank pulley to prevent the new belt from catching...
http://www.focusworld.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1066

Awesome writeup..... plus it's for the Focus Central.....
I think the how to on myzx3.com is the best. Its not to bad of a job. Actually really easy once you figure it out. Took me 4 hours to do first time now im sure next time it well take an hour to hour and 1/2..

Have patience when taking off some of the bolts. I remember one bolt came off easily but you could only turn it so much and seemed like it took for ever..
took me less than 45 min........then I had to put the stock back on cause stupid SHM shipped with the wrong belt....fuctards

70 min. ....udp in ,udp out stock pulley back in....easy job
dad,Sep 3 2004, 02:39 PM Wrote:took me less than 45 min........then I had to put the stock back on cause stupid SHM shipped with the wrong belt....fuctards

70 min. ....udp in ,udp out stock pulley back in....easy job
You like shopping there, heh? :lol:
witht he fc 2 peice pulley you do have to do some griding on the one peice so the belt dont rub.
hardk0re/s2,Sep 2 2004, 11:18 PM Wrote:There is a small guide that you may need to grind off when you install the new crank pulley to prevent the new belt from catching...
Thanks for the links. Will I still need to cut this guide? Because as per my understanding these pulleys use the stock belt?
You'll see exactly what you need to grind down when you rmove the stocker. It's the black plastic thing behind the pulley. I used a bench grinder because it was close to me and it worked fine.

I just took off the FC and put the stocker back on in less than 15 min :D
I have an angle grinder, so it's not a problem. Just wasn't sure if it was still a necessary step. :) Thanks for the help guys. Still wouldn't mind a hand putting them in tho :P