FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Heritage Ford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking of taking the SVT for the problems I'm having and all work should be done under warranty. Has anyone dealt with them? Is there another dealership I should go to?
I bought my car there, and had the first few services done there.
Other than the one time I waited 2 hours for an oil change and got no apology, it's a great full service dealership. They'll even wash your SVT free (on premise) and give you a loaner if it's not for regular maint. work. Talk to Arthur.
Ryan,Sep 1 2004, 02:18 PM Wrote:I bought my car there, and had the first few services done there.
Other than the one time I waited 2 hours for an oil change and got no apology, it's a great full service dealership. They'll even wash your SVT free (on premise) and give you a loaner if it's not for regular maint. work. Talk to Arthur.
The car wash and loaner are part of the SVT Ownership "Experience". If the SVT dealership you're going to isn't doing stuff like this, please let SVT know. That being said, the car wash is a touchy subject for many. I know a lot of owners who DECLINE it because they don't want brushes and such to touch their cars.

Other than that, I haven't heard much negative reviews from the SVT dealers out in Scarborough.
Dixie ford seems to be jerking me around quite a bit on this clutch tsb. First of all. they told me a rental car would be provided. I purposley mentioned my age.. and i guess the service advisor didnt know too much about it and said "yes, a free rental will be provided once you bring your car into service" next. the car was brought in that night. and i picked it up the next day. The service advisor told me that they would replace all parts including my clutch disc. which they will be charging me $150.00 for... even though the faulty throwout bearing causes uneven clutch wear." either way. they gave me back my car thursday night and said the parts will be in by tuesday. Now theyre telling me that they wont be servicing the car and theres nothing they can do. because they did the same service on another svt and the problem came back. as it stands now, im waiting for a call back from the service manager.
scoobasteve,Sep 7 2004, 02:11 PM Wrote:  they told me a rental car would be provided. I purposley mentioned my age.. and i guess the service advisor didnt know too much about it and said "yes, a free rental will be provided once you bring your car into service"
So you got the loaner?
As for the repairs, I'd call SVT and let them know what is going on and see what they say.
If it were me, I'd be calling the service manager today and ask what is going on with your claim.
well they rented the car to my dad...=. they wouldnt rent it to me because im not 21. the service manager called and told me that the newest parts werent used. they used the same svt factory parts. so they are gonna check the avaliability of the new ones.
Well I picked up my car yesterday. They changed the horn, intake manifold, fixed exhaust rattle and reprogrammed the PCM with the latest program. Car runs great. It was all fixed under warranty.