FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2005 Focus In Europe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this ff.com and thought I would share.
http://www.autoweek.nl/
I like it...interior look pretty good too...richer.

It would get a drop within a month of me owning it though...the height looks awful.

<a href='http://www.autoweek.nl/images/480/6529.jpg'>[Image: 6529.jpg]

Wow...... that's fugggly. Here's a cool pic tho:

<a href='http://www.autoweek.nl/images/480/6533.jpg'>[Image: 6533.jpg]</a>
Ok it too me over two hours to translate using 5 different translation programs I did the whole thing in readible english, and here it is for all to read, enjoy ! :D

In the Beginning of 2005 the new ford focus in the is expected here in the Netherlands . They will come in three alternative models: as a 3-door hatchback, 5-door hatchback and as an Estate ( wagon ).

Most striking to the new focus is that the Car is more modestly styled then the model which it succeeds. The New Edge-design with which was presented in 1998, is gone, It has been exchanged for a more conservative form which connects seamlessly on C-Max, a mini-MPV-variant of the focus model.The focus shares its platform with the group enjoyments of Volvo S40/V50 and the Mazda 3. The new model is a measure larger than the present. The wheel basis grew from 2.62 to 2.64 meters and the total vehicle length of 4.17 to 4.34 meters. That extra length will be especially used by the passive safety system; Extra large crumple zones yield the Focus to a 5-stars score by the Euro NCAP-bone test ( side Impact test ). Also the width and height increased, respectively (it became 1.74 m) and increased by two centimeters (became 1.50 m). A few things can also be a positive consequence for the trunk, that now there's 385 liters of trunk space, which can hold more then 385 litres of cargo with the seats down. That Don’s 35 liters more trunk space than the present Focus model.

On the territory of equipment; An option for instance working headlights for example working the doors without going into your pant pockets looking for that key or remote control. Furthermore there are a bluetooth connection is available, as well as speech-sentsitive service for the telephone, climate regulation and navigation system. Standard on the New Focus is six onboard airbags. As for the motor, it became the block-systems shared from C-Max, completed with a new 1.6-liter Duratec-gas motor with variable the timing. Those made a debut recently in C-Max. The 1.4 With 75 pk the basis, followed by forms 1.6 with 100 pk, 1.8 with 120 pk and the two litre with 145 hp. On the diesel department there is choice between 1.6 or one 2.0 TDCi with respectively 109 and 136 hp. Lovers of spectacle must tolerate yet an even longer wait as the sports-handling ST- and RS-models are yet to be released untill the end of 2005.
He who does not want change gear, can choose a durashift transmission ( or automatic as it's known ) from 1.6-liter gas model or Cvt-bin for the two diesel versions. We can expect the three versions of the Focus simultaneously here in the Netherlands, as soon as the beginning of next year. There are no rumours of a convertible version being released as of yet for 2005, but there is possiblility of one in 2006.
i like it a lot more than the version we are getting here. especially the interior!
Frost__2001,Aug 28 2004, 12:09 PM Wrote:They will come in three alternative models: as a 3-door hatchback, 5-door hatchback and as an Estate ( wagon ).
so this means no more Sedan in europe?
Donno, I just translated it. I didn't write the article. But from the sounds of it maybe there is no sedan avalible in just the Netherlands. In Japan the Focus only came in the Wagon &amp; 5 door hatchback versions.

Back in 1999 it was for Canada that fought to bring over the Focus 3 door hatchback (ZX3) &amp; well it was Ford U.S.A. that made it such a striped model, compairing it to the rest of the Focus line up. But after such a huge demand for the hatchback up to 2002, it's why the 5 door hatchback (Zx5) was released here in Canada before the U.S. version (only by 3 months).